Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

As for the AJ Lee thing, it's a worry that WWE may have capitalised on her bipolar for her character development over the years. It can't have been the most self confidence boosting moment being asked to play a crazy character when you're already trying to deal with day to day life on a different level.

Did they even know? I don't remember it being public knowledge at least, so there'd have been no value in presenting it as a worked shoot or "art imitating life" kind of thing. It came across as just another prescribed wrestling gimmick.

If she's been diagnosed surely she'd be on medication and it would be in her medical files upon signing for the company. I may be wrong on both items there so apologies if so but if that is the case you'd assume they'd have known

I've never understood star ratings, it's a load of bollocks.

What made Cena/AJ lose a quarter of a fucking star?

It really is all bollocks, just all subjective. I used to write out match lists of shows I'd watched and give out star ratings the amount of 5 star ratings I gave out would have been ridiculous  :D

There was some lad on here who used to review Japanese show who's name I have forgotten and a 3 and a half star was really good to him, I'd give that to some random shit 10 minute match

• Paid Members

Some of the clickbaity news sites are starting to report that AJ Styles is being lined up as Tripper's new 'Mania opponent.

I think of Meltzer's ratings on wrestling like Roger Ebert on film. They occasionally make idiosyncratic decisions but I like that; wrestling and film are both subjective mediums and they don't pretend otherwise.

And for people who say the 5 star system itself is daft; that's just his trademark, like the 4 point scale was Ebert's. Think of it as a rating out of 20. 19/20 for Cena/Styles doesn't sound ludicrous.

• Paid Members

Some of the clickbaity news sites are starting to report that AJ Styles is being lined up as Tripper's new 'Mania opponent.

That already sounds a million times better than Triple H vs Rollins, even without the 2 1/2 years of history and build-up. Plus, it could then lead to a feud between AJ and Trips' Destroyer...

• Paid Members

Must admit, I jumped for joy when I heard Rollins was shelved again because he's fucking awful and this angle with Triple H could not possibly have interested me any less. However, the idea that they now have to crowbar Triple H into another feud just because he has to have a match at WrestleMania really isn't very appealing either. 

Must admit, I jumped for joy when I heard Rollins was shelved again because he's fucking awful and this angle with Triple H could not possibly have interested me any less.

still not really a reason to jump for joy, that match is happening at a Wrestlemania, even if they're both in the same condition as the Bret V Vince match by then

• Paid Members

There's a feature on Nikki Bella on the up coming La Liga World on Sky Sports. She used to be a football player apparently, what that's got to do with Spanish football I don't know. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

The Rock is exec producing a movie about Paige and her family apparently.

From Facebook:

BREAKING: Our Seven Bucks Productions is excited to announce production on a cool project we've been working on for years based on a very unique and gritty professional wrestling family and a their daughter's journey into the spotlight of the WWE.

Years ago (2012) while shooting Fast & Furious in London, I was up at 3am (too much caffeine) and stumbled upon a documentary on a UK station about a local wrestling family and their daughter's unlikely journey into the global spotlight. That daughter, is current WWE Women's Superstar, Paige. The family element I saw in the doc, is what grabbed my attention. That no matter how crazy life gets, no matter how dysfunctional our families can sometimes be and especially regardless of how much we fight - we're always there for each other when it counts. That's what families do.

My gut said there was a great movie to be made so I sent to my agent Brad Slater at WME who loved it. He sent it to my long time ace producer Kevin Misher, who immediately responded to the doc and he thought we should go after one of our favorite writer/directors for material like this, Stephen Merchant.

Merchant, being from the UK, locked in to a strong POV and vision of how gritty and heartfelt this film needs to be and the rest is history.

Pleasure to partner with WWE Studios and Film 4 to bring this great story to life.

Ive been buds with Paige for years now and we're all excited to bring her and her family's story to life.

Cool casting announcements coming this week!

#FightingWithMyFamily #SevenBucksProds

#MisherFilms #WWEFilms #Film4

Edited by mim731