Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Something about the Rock being stuck in the UK channel surfing and coming across that Channel 4 doc about the Knights at 3 in the morning is great.

b0qFFyb.jpg

Genuinely hope big Dwayne has been on here reading the Paige thread as part of his research.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

That's a shame to hear. I just had to see whether it was from his football career or racking my brain for any bumps he may have had to take during his time in WWE.

• Paid Members

Did a thing on the WWE UK viewership from January 2014 (when they renewed their contract with Sky) until now. This is the live 1am airing plus 7 days Sky Plus etc of that airing.

(Spoilered for those who can't be arsed)

ofF0gwT.png

The trend with the averages each year is worrying for a new deal (it's due 2019). In 2017 so far, the average is even lower at 52,000, but you'd imagine that will pick up.

Worth noting that separate from the above, there are the weekday repeats in the afternoons and evenings on Sky Sports 5 etc which can't be accounted for as they often do lower viewership than publically available in the BARB top 10 stats I'm looking at.

As a general guide, in January they've ranged from as many as 25k viewers for an evening repeat, to the daytime repeats going lower than 10k.

sUo84s6.png

Looking at Raw vs Smackdown Live since the Roster Split - they mirror each other generally with something of a spike in interest around this year's big Survivor Series. The buzz around Goldberg certainly seems to have helped, especially the week before.

• Moderators

Did a thing on the WWE UK viewership from January 2014 (when they renewed their contract with Sky) until now. This is the live 1am airing plus 7 days Sky Plus etc of that airing.

(Spoilered for those who can't be arsed)

ofF0gwT.png

The trend with the averages each year is worrying for a new deal (it's due 2019). In 2017 so far, the average is even lower at 52,000, but you'd imagine that will pick up.

Worth noting that separate from the above, there are the weekday repeats in the afternoons and evenings on Sky Sports 5 etc which can't be accounted for as they often do lower viewership than publically available in the BARB top 10 stats I'm looking at.

As a general guide, in January they've ranged from as many as 25k viewers for an evening repeat, to the daytime repeats going lower than 10k.

sUo84s6.png

Looking at Raw vs Smackdown Live since the Roster Split - they mirror each other generally with something of a spike in interest around this year's big Survivor Series. The buzz around Goldberg certainly seems to have helped, especially the week before.

The Landlord put the recorded Raw on in the local just as he'd heard he was on it. It led to the fun that always is old men watching wrestling (going from cynic to mark in the space of a match)

Interesting stuff Benno. We may grumble about mining Attitude Era stars rather than creating new ones, but you can't argue with Goldberg moving the needle.

Well you can argue with it... they wouldn't need Goldberg to move the needle occasionally if they had a young full timer filling the Goldberg role every week. I'm sure WWE would rather have ratings up higher all year round

Is this real life? I mean, what the fuck? Absolutely surreal.

Wait till you hear which Hall of Famer's now President of the USA, and who he's nominated as Administrator of the Small Business Administration.

I think Jesse Ventura could have beaten Trump if he had ran against him. The press have really gone out of their way to discredit him in recent years and he seems to have given up on politics. Been watching a lot of his stuff lately and the bloke is brilliant.

When he ran for Govenor he did it as a third party on a budget of $300000 while the Democrats and Republicans had a budget of $12000000. Can't remember if that's each or combined. Two months before the elections he had 10% of the voters backing him, he was allowed to join the debates and won everyone over. Pretty sure he is the only person to have done that.

Imagine if Vince had put money into Ventura for President instead of Linda's failure.

I'd have always ruled out Ventura because of his 9/11 conspiracy claims, but we now live in a world where I can easily overlook something like that if it means getting the loofa-faced shitgibbon out of the White House.

And at least Jesse might shut up about that stuff once he had access to all the government's records ("or were they destroyed???!?!?").