Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's already up on All4, had to search for it, Smashing Glass Ceilings.

I finally got round to watching this last night, and thought it was excellent. It was great to see how much wrestling means to both Sasha and Charlotte, I'd recommend it to all.

• Paid Members

I guess it's subjective, but the two are very close. I liked this one better but I think it would be splitting hairs. The best one could be the one we get down the line as I don't think they are finished with each other, more like it's a hiatus.

He gave the Reigns v Owens match ****1/2 as well and really did seem to enjoy the show going by this weeks issue.

Autism Dave gave AJ vs Cena from the Rumble ****3/4 and was apparently very close to giving it the full 5.

Thought the Summerslam match was better myself.

Didn't think it was that good, how can anyone take this guy seriously?

I preferred Summerslam as well in the sense of how it elevated Styles at the time, Rumble was good but not sure the story payoff was as good. 

He gave the Reigns v Owens match ****1/2 as well and really did seem to enjoy the show going by this weeks issue.

:laugh:

I'm also on the aspergers spectrum, and difficulty picking up social nuances and jokes is not one of my symptoms, it's more to do with translating my own thoughts into words. It's subtle enough that I mentored a heavily autistic kid in school. Don't follow Dave enough to pick up on anything but it's not a far stretch

I don't think it was used as an insult though, just an observation

• Paid Members

I've seen the 6 star match. To be clear, Meltzer is claiming that match is better than Bret Vs Stonecold at Wrestlemania.

The moment he makes that claim his rating system is exposed as ludicrous.

There are many other matches to mention in the same vein (Steamboat/Flair Chi-Town Rumble for example), but for most I'm sure we agree that Omega/Okada, although a sterling bit of work, is nowhere close to Hart/Austin.

Is he actually Autistic?

Just as someone that has Aspergers it's a little uneasy for me seeing it used as a insult to someone.

Maybe just me being over sensitive apologies if so but just yeah little uneasy

You had no problem insulting me a few weeks back but now I know a little bit more about you  I wont say anymore. I too am very sensitive about other people, I don't want people to think I'm a bad person or anything.

• Paid Members

Yeah honestly fella I think it was more of an over reaction on my part yesterday from a bad day and a few comments at me from real life. Definitely me just being a bit silly.

But also apologies in insulting you the other week. Internet warrior posting from anyone is silly so apologies for that.

As for the AJ Lee thing, it's a worry that WWE may have capitalised on her bipolar for her character development over the years. It can't have been the most self confidence boosting moment being asked to play a crazy character when you're already trying to deal with day to day life on a different level.

• Paid Members

Don't TAFKA Adam Rose and Eva Marie have ADD as well? That must cause some difficulties in staying focused for promos, matches etc.

As for the AJ Lee thing, it's a worry that WWE may have capitalised on her bipolar for her character development over the years. It can't have been the most self confidence boosting moment being asked to play a crazy character when you're already trying to deal with day to day life on a different level.

Did they even know? I don't remember it being public knowledge at least, so there'd have been no value in presenting it as a worked shoot or "art imitating life" kind of thing. It came across as just another prescribed wrestling gimmick.

• Paid Members

I've seen the 6 star match. To be clear, Meltzer is claiming that match is better than Bret Vs Stonecold at Wrestlemania.

The moment he makes that claim his rating system is exposed as ludicrous.

There are many other matches to mention in the same vein (Steamboat/Flair Chi-Town Rumble for example), but for most I'm sure we agree that Omega/Okada, although a sterling bit of work, is nowhere close to Hart/Austin.

i'd argue it was a 3, maybe 4 at best. very overrated. Had I seen it without the hype, maybe would have felt differently