Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It'll be a light post-Mania trimming.

Can only see a couple people like Curtis Axel and Jack Swagger going. probably guys like Dawkins in NXT as well..

maybe Paige too though fuck knows what's really going on with her

Edited by sj5522

• Moderators

So I just had a notification to my Phone and it stated that Rosa Mendes is retiring from WWE after a decade in the company.

Has she really been with them that long and has she done one thing of note in that time?

Doot doot doot. Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The segment on Smackdown 2003 where Kanyon dressed as Boy George and gets severely beaten for being gay has the singing dubbed over with a really out of sync "who better than Kanyon?" promo like some low budget anime.

The segment on Smackdown 2003 where Kanyon dressed as Boy George and gets severely beaten for being gay has the singing dubbed over with a really out of sync "who better than Kanyon?" promo like some low budget anime.

IIRC, Kanyon had been off TV for a long time, but was brought in to sing a song to Undertaker, as an apology "present" for Big show.

The song was "do you really want to hurt me" but he said "big shows really really sorry", and got battered because it was stupid. Kanyon wasn't out of the closet at the time I believe.

• Paid Members

IIRC, Kanyon had been off TV for a long time, but was brought in to sing a song to Undertaker, as an apology "present" for Big show.

The song was "do you really want to hurt me" but he said "big shows really really sorry", and got battered because it was stupid. Kanyon wasn't out of the closet at the time I believe.

Although I'm sure its no coincidence he was chosen for the role. I actually found it funny. Didn't even consider there was any element of it as gay bashing Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members

The Kanyon stuff was definitely gay bashing. Paul Heyman instructed him to "act like a fag" when going over the segment backstage. Even though Kanyon "wasnt out yet", he'd always gotten homophobia directed towards him because having a lisp and being in charge of hiring young cruiserweights in WCW stands out like a swore thumb in a wrestling locker room.

Just look at it. They could have used anyone of earth to dress up, come out of a closet (ugh!) and sing a Boy George song. They could have used any extra, anyone from developmental, anyone who wasnt getting much TV time. But they flew Kanyon in. That's just shitty behaviour. They knew what they were doing.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Bullet club are appearing in wcpw in march... but its too far from me midweek. Anyone else know other appearances they are making?

Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks are on Discovery Wrestling in Edinburgh on the Wednesday, Rev Pro at York Hall on the Thursday and Fight Club Pro in Wolverhampton on Good Friday leading into Easter but the latter two are already sold out 2 months in advance