Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

My major memory of him was from the Legends Vs Jeff Jarrett match in WCW, George Steele turned up, did his schtick, leading into Jimmy Snuka splashing Jarrett as well. From there I went back and saw his stuff with Macho, from all those years ago.

What was the deal with WM3, was Steele supposed to be in that match with Savage?

He was there as he feuded on/off with Savage for a year prior. Peak of his run, a fun character. Good age for a wrestler to reach.

They're all dropping like flies. All the big larger than life characters in the business.

You see trash like the New Day and Kevin Owens and then you see George Steele. Look at George Steele. That's professional wrestling right there. That is what it should be about. That man done so much by doing so little in the ring. He knew how to work the crowd. He knew what he was doing. Where are the George Steeles of the business now? Where are the big larger than life characters?

You just don't get stars like that anymore. Men that looked the part. Talked the part. Acted the part. They had it all.

• Paid Members

Good old Ivan. I added him as a Facebook friend and he blocked me due to swearing in an update. I know this because he sent me a damn message about it noting his disapproval . This was when he found the Jesus and was offering to do weddings. No point in ever getting married now as far as I'm concerned.