Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

So I just received this email from wwedvd.co.uk, presented unedited for your reading pleasure:

Hello member of the WWE universe,

We are contacting you as you are a highly valued customer of wwedvd.co.uk (the official UK retailer for WWE DVD’s and Blu-rays) and we wanted you to know of some changes we are making to the business.

What has changed? 
WWE DVD is now under new operational management. We understand that there have been some issues as of late with our general customer service and order fulfilment. Our customers experience is of number one importance to us and so we just wanted to let you know that we have begun taking steps to rectify these issues.

How will it affect you?
You can expect to see faster delivery times from us as we are improving our fulfilment processes and a better and more personal customer service level. Don’t worry, we will still be supplying the same full catalogue for all the WWE DVD & Blu-ray titles you love!

To say hello from the new team running the show here we would like to offer our next 50 customers who spend over £35 a free WWE surprise gift inside every order! In order to say thank you for your continued support… 

Free gifts include:

• WWE John Cena Throwback and NTX drawstring bags
  • Limited edition WrestleMania 32 USB keys
  • Topps Slam Attax Rivals and Takeover trading cards
  • The WWE Attitude Era’s Gratest Matches handbooks
  • Randy Ortan face masks

Fucking hell. Come back Silver Vision, please...

Edited by Daaaaaad!

If I was arriving a day sooner I'd be going just for the Hebner angle (not sure everyone read that particular detail on the image). I hope they spend the whole match teasing a ref bump in multiple situations until it finally happens, as that's what everyone will be waiting for.

• Paid Members

Dont know. They only put Howard Finkle in as a rib, so they could put together a video package of him falling over and getting a pie in his face. As opposed to the big legendary tribute they should have had, since he's the best ever at his field.

The Hall of Fame is weird, because Vince doesnt like the idea of Jimmy Miranda or Jim Johnston in there, but doesnt mind Charles Wright and Rikishi being in.

• Awards Moderator

See not putting Jim Johnston in there is madness. How much influence has he had over each of our individual enjoyment of the product of the years? Knocking out hit after hit, all tied up with your best wrestling memories.

A Silver Vision exec had a tour of Greenwich over WrestleMania 24 and was given a brief chat with JJ. He came away thinking he was a proper introverted weirdo.

• Paid Members

What's odd about Jim Johnston to me is that he's a brilliant musician, who can play any instrument and play it well, can read music and write it with ease. Yet hates playing in front of people and doesnt want to play life. Imagine having that amount of talent and not wanting to be the biggest dickhead in the room showing off your talent?

• Paid Members

Not much gets me watching wrestling these days. Over the last year I think the only things I watched were Goldberg's return on Raw and the Lesnar match at Survivor Series, and Samoa Joe's debut on the main show. But oddly, I'm intrigued by Matt Riddle vs Old Man Dan Severn.

I've not seen anything of Riddle as a pro wrestler but I've read nothing but positives. It's great to see. Always had a soft spot for the dopey fucker in his UFC days. I've posted this before in the MMA threads but a lot of you mightn't have seen it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=6dxZzoiWLUM

It's Riddle cutting an off the cuff promo about a fan who spat on him after he lost a previous UFC fight in England. It's nothing earth shattering but I fucking love it. Bit of context - this was a press conference following one of the worst UFC PPVs of all time. Everyone was down, Dana was depressed and embarrassed and the media were all negative in their questions. I'm not even exaggerating when I say I thought Riddle's rant against "butter toothed Brits" was the highlight of that UFC weekend.