Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

All those WWN shows are so far out of town.  I'd like to go, and maybe I will, but getting back to my hotel from there at 3am will not be fun.

I was staying quite close to them, until they moved the shows. Not that they bothered letting paying customers know, I had to find out second hand from a Facebook group. 

A friend once added me to a Facebook group that was called FLAT EARTH DEBATES or something like that. It was just loads of threads filled with flat-earther memes and cussing out all the globeheads. Proper vitriol in that group

Lots of stuff like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flat+earth+meme&client=ms-android-alcatel&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikz5fq0qPSAhVJBcAKHZwCCmIQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=490&dpr=1.5

If they believe all the images from space are faked, then fine. And if the scientific methods of proving the earth's curvature from the ground are too complicated to understand, then fine.

But all anyone has to do is catch a plane between locations at opposite ends of the map and compare the journey time with a flight from one end to the middle, and it will be pretty clear to them what's happened.

Unless they think the latter plane slowed down to create the illusion of distance. Shit, they probably would.

• Paid Members

I think the earth is flat comment might be in relation to a fairly high profile basketball player Kyrie Irving claiming the world is flat last week and the NBAs commish having to answer questions on it.

It seemed to gain a decent amount of media attention so is likely triggered by that

Edited by ElCece

If they believe all the images from space are faked, then fine. And if the scientific methods of proving the earth's curvature from the ground are too complicated to understand, then fine.

But all anyone has to do is catch a plane between locations at opposite ends of the map and compare the journey time with a flight from one end to the middle, and it will be pretty clear to them what's happened.

Unless they think the latter plane slowed down to create the illusion of distance. Shit, they probably would.

Do people who believe the Earth is Flat all agree on where it starts and ends?

Because wherever they think is the far left starting point, surely someone can fly further left and disprove them. Or am I being stupid?  :/

• Paid Members

A friend once added me to a Facebook group that was called FLAT EARTH DEBATES or something like that. It was just loads of threads filled with flat-earther memes and cussing out all the globeheads. Proper vitriol in that group

Lots of stuff like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flat+earth+meme&client=ms-android-alcatel&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikz5fq0qPSAhVJBcAKHZwCCmIQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=490&dpr=1.5

The Flat-Earther community?!

Edited by Benno