Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

When he had that IC level singles pushes I loved him. Big agile hoss with tons of charisma. 

It’s such a shame there’s no #2 promotion anymore because it’s so much effort to catch up on leavers with dozens of indy promotions.

19 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Remember when for about ten minutes it looked like Harper might be in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania?

He absolutely should've been as well. His entry into that match made perfect sense with the conflict of the family being split up, and he would've been more than capable of carrying the workload between Bray and Orton. 

Fair play to him for asking for his release. He's clearly far more talented than what his current role within the company would suggest. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere, which I'm sure he will.

Edited by AdamTH17

He's not the best promo in the world, but he can be effective at getting across what he needs to. He's been pretty underutilised there and I can't blame him for wanting out. Didnt he win the IC belt and then lose 9 non-title TV matches in a row before dropping it? 

Just now, hallicks said:

He's not the best promo in the world, but he can be effective at getting across what he needs to. He's been pretty underutilised there and I can't blame him for wanting out. Didnt he win the IC belt and then lose 9 non-title TV matches in a row before dropping it? 

Off the top of my head, I'd be surprised. He can't have held the title for more than a month. I remember him going into Survivor Series wearing it, and then dropping it back to shitarse Ziggler at TLC.

5 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Off the top of my head, I'd be surprised. He can't have held the title for more than a month. I remember him going into Survivor Series wearing it, and then dropping it back to shitarse Ziggler at TLC.

Could be wrong on the number. Pretty sure he lost every TV match in the time he held it, which wasn't long. 

• Paid Members

He'll probably do what's gradually becoming the alternative, which is go to NJPW and supplement with indies. With his Bruiser Brody style, he'll probably go down very well in Japan.

I know that it's getting quite silly just how often AEW is being touted as an alternative, but from a wrestler's perspective, if they're offering legit cash, he's probably considering that too.

• Paid Members

He'd make a killing on the indy scene, especially with WWE seeming to sign up most agile big men lately (Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak) over the last year or so. Guy was always great working against smaller guys in Chikara too, so would be great to see him have a bit of a resurgence, he'd make some good money too without having to travel as much. Think he could do quite well in Japan too, decent large brawler.He'd make a killing on the indy scene, especially with WWE seeming to sign up most agile big men lately (Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak) over the last year or so. Guy was always great working against smaller guys in Chikara too, so would be great to see him have a bit of a resurgence, he'd make some good money too without having to travel as much. Think he could do quite well in Japan too, decent large brawler.

@Carbomb minute apart and put much better and a lot shorter by yourself.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Awards Moderator

Shame about Harper, they just never seemed to want to do anything with him - or know what to do. Leaving him off TV for a year while Rowan was injured only to stick him in a Battle Royal and Worlds Collide instead of anything resembling effort must have been the final straw.

• Paid Members

Luke Harper is one of those guys I've thought about whenever lads like Seth Rollins or Finn Balor have had to wrestle twice in one night just to fill time on Raw.

Always seemed mad that you're struggling to fill the three hours, yet you're letting a cracking talent like Luke sit at home doing nothing.

It never felt like they knew what to do with him as a singles guy. Even when he was mixing it up with the top guys on Smackdown, it felt like it happened by accident. 

What a world we live in though where Luke Harper is leaving because he can't get a spot on the card, yet Erick Rowan is featured prominently in top angles. Talk about picking the wrong horse. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

What a world we live in though where Luke Harper is leaving because he can't get a spot on the card, yet Erick Rowan is featured prominently in top angles. Talk about picking the wrong horse. 

Let's be fair though, Rowan is doing fuck all. If Luke Harper was in his role we'll all be moaning (rightly so) that he's being wasted in a bodyguard role. Rowan is doing the same thing he's been doing for years, which for him is fine.