Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Just from reading the tweets it seems its about a 10 second clip posted on Lana's official Snapchat of her having sex.

I know nothing about Snapchat so have no idea if these things can be hacked etc. I'm assuming they can.

Word is that her SnapChat account was hacked and a video (not of her) was uploaded by the hacker. 

• Paid Members

WWE supposedly did market research at Wrestlemania. Whilst I commend them for questioning their methods and wanting to improve their product, can you even imagine some of the feedback they'd have likely got from a portion of the supposed, "smart," fans?!

They do it every year so they obviously think it's worth it.  And who, if not the fans who are willing to spend thousands of pounds/dollars travelling from around the world to watch their shows and spend thousands more on merchandise, do you think they should be asking for the opinions of?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, The Dart said:

And who, if not the fans who are willing to spend thousands of pounds/dollars travelling from around the world to watch their shows and spend thousands more on merchandise, do you think they should be asking for the opinions of?

The fans who aren't already spending thousands on the product. They've already got that lot hooked.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

WWE supposedly did market research at Wrestlemania. Whilst I commend them for questioning their methods and wanting to improve their product, can you even imagine some of the feedback they'd have likely got from a portion of the supposed, "smart," fans?!

-put the main belts on cruiserweights 

-get rid of silly gimmicks and characters and just let guys go out there and wrestle and GIVE THEM ENOUGH TIME. More wrestling, less entertainment

-abandon long term booking plans on a whim

But WWE would never actually take that shit on board...

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The fans who aren't already spending thousands on the product. They've already got that lot hooked.

Exactly. My football club, whose gates have fallen off a cliff, did the same thing. A survey of members. Rather than speaking to the people who don't go to find out why.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Exactly. My football club, whose gates have fallen off a cliff, did the same thing. A survey of members. Rather than speaking to the people who don't go to find out why.

But wouldn't it make sense to speak to the fans who are actually engaged to see what it is that has kept them interested? And to see what they maybe think can be improved upon and so on? Honing the product by using the opinions of people who go would surely help in that regard. The only other group they could maybe speak to are people who used to go but no longer do, isn't it? If it's just people who don't go, the answers could be as varied as "I don't like football" to "I support Man City and just watch on the telly."

Even at that I don't know what more WWE could do. Asking people who aren't at Wrestlemania why they didn't go isn't going to really do much for them, is it? There's so many reasons for people not going. Finding out what fans enjoy most about the show, and what they don't enjoy will allow them to better serve their fans in future.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, David said:

"I support Man City and just watch on the telly."

Fair few of them will be in the market for a new telly today I imagine.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, David said:

But wouldn't it make sense to speak to the fans who are actually engaged to see what it is that has kept them interested? And to see what they maybe think can be improved upon and so on? Honing the product by using the opinions of people who go would surely help in that regard. The only other group they could maybe speak to are people who used to go but no longer do, isn't it? If it's just people who don't go, the answers could be as varied as "I don't like football" to "I support Man City and just watch on the telly."

The answers will form patterns. In fairness, we don't need a survey, the problems at City are obvious but if you do want feedback to improve, you don't only ask your currently paying customers. It's why every service or product has an exit survey.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The answers will form patterns. In fairness, we don't need a survey, the problems at City are obvious but if you do want feedback to improve, you don't only ask your currently paying customers. It's why every service or product has an exit survey.

Yeah, valid point. I guess there's benefits to both really, isn't there? No one method is going to provide all the answers.

34 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Thing is though with football and wrestling the loyal fans who are still going in spite of not being happy with what they're seeing probably are the best to answer those questions. They're aware of all the negatives they're just going anyway in hope of improvement. The casual fans will return once they hear how much better things are.