Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Cornette just cant escape Vince Russo. You just knew it had to go back to that dick measuring contest. Neither of them come out looking good. A southern Jim Bowen and a man slowly forming into a Werewolf in New York arguing about who came up with the idea to fuck someone on their way out isnt a good luck.

What I dont get is, doesnt it show on Wrestling With Shadows that Vince, Pat and Bret actually came up with the finish. Cornette said he came up with the finish, but that finish where Bret reverses the Sharpshooter has been dones loads over the years. Everyone is trying to overcomplicate it on that documentary, but it sounds like the simple thing is the most plausable. Bret said "I'll do that reverse sharpshooter spot and there's a run in" and Vince and Pat thought "that's where we'll do it then." The actual finish of the screwjob is the least important part of the double cross, when compared to the initial idea of double crossing him. Vince and Shawn were the ones who took all the risks. Not Cornette, Prichard and Russo.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I honestly can't believe they included the screw job in a documentary series along side the likes of Brody being murdered etc. To non wrestling fans, it will appear one of the most childish, petty things ever. To them, It'll just appear to be one bloke refusing to follow a script to lose a pretend fight to another bloke, so they changed the script without telling the fist petty bloke.

Obviously, to those of us that love/d wrestling, it was as shocking and intriguing a moment as we would ever witness during our fandom, but to non fans it's just the latest in a long line of things that make them think wrestling is shit play fighting for kids...

3 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I honestly can't believe they included the screw job in a documentary series along side the likes of Brody being murdered etc. To non wrestling fans, it will appear one of the most childish, petty things ever. To them, It'll just appear to be one bloke refusing to follow a script to lose a pretend fight to another bloke, so they changed the script without telling the fist petty bloke.

Obviously, to those of us that love/d wrestling, it was as shocking and intriguing a moment as we would ever witness during our fandom, but to non fans it's just the latest in a long line of things that make them think wrestling is shit play fighting for kids...

You’re not wrong, but non fans might find it funny. It’s like something out of a Christopher Guest film.

I thought Cornette game up with idea of the screwjob, but Bret came up with actual spot - and that's when Shawn said to Vince we could do it during the Sharpshooter spot.

Cornette said something like "just stick Shamrock in with him, and take it off him". I'm sure I read that somewhere- maybe in Titan Screwed or Shattered or whatever it was called.

Not that it matters one tiny fuck in 2019.