Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Didn’t Shawn Michaels say in his book it was Triple H’s idea?

Triple H admitted it.

He said that there was a meeting with himself/Vince/Michaels and Vince was talking about the dilemma. He went on to say that "He thought Vince was waiting for one of them to suggest a doublecross" and at that point Triple H piped up "Well if he is not willing to do business, perhaps we should do business for him!"

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Triple H admitted it.

He said that there was a meeting with himself/Vince/Michaels and Vince was talking about the dilemma. He went on to say that "He thought Vince was waiting for one of them to suggest a doublecross" and at that point Triple H piped up "Well if he is not willing to do business, perhaps we should do business for him!"

Weirdly, said meeting is shown as a CGI cutscene in one of the WWE2k games in career mode.

EDIT: Here you go:

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I came up with the idea and so did my wife 

It was me Bret! it was me all along! 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Cornette said something like "just stick Shamrock in with him, and take it off him".

He mentions that in his Timeline shoot, I think. He doesn't mention anything else being his idea though.

• Paid Members

I don't know if I believe Cornette came up with the idea, but fuck it. When it comes to something as tired and over-analysed as Montreal, I'll accept Cornette taking credit just for that brilliant story he tells about shitting his pants seeing the finish occur and racing out of the building, only to notice Hebner's car behind him. I've never heard or seen that before and the way it's told and recreated is by far the best part of the Vice documentary. Really made me laugh.

• Paid Members
On 4/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, Cod Eye said:

I honestly can't believe they included the screw job in a documentary series along side the likes of Brody being murdered etc. To non wrestling fans, it will appear one of the most childish, petty things ever. To them, It'll just appear to be one bloke refusing to follow a script to lose a pretend fight to another bloke, so they changed the script without telling the fist petty bloke.

Obviously, to those of us that love/d wrestling, it was as shocking and intriguing a moment as we would ever witness during our fandom, but to non fans it's just the latest in a long line of things that make them think wrestling is shit play fighting for kids...

This is very true. I watched Wrestling with Shadows a few months ago and my Mrs happened to be in the same room, half listening. She couldn't see what the fuss was all about and, in reality, she had a point didn't she?

Bret felt losing in his home country would affect his drawing power there. Given wins and losses mattered more then, it's probably a fair point. 

Shawn half suggests/remembers it being HHH's suggestion in that sit down interview he did with Bret and JR. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Bret felt losing in his home country would affect his drawing power there. Given wins and losses mattered more then, it's probably a fair point. 

I don't doubt for one second Bret believes that but I don't think it wouild have made the slightest difference to his draw in Canada. It's not like he was losing to the Brooklyn Brawler.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't doubt for one second Bret believes that but I don't think it wouild have made the slightest difference to his draw in Canada. It's not like he was losing to the Brooklyn Brawler.

He would have, though! I agree it probably wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference but given his contract I don't think it was an unreasonable stance. 

Edited by hallicks
An*

• Awards Moderator
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The documentary just confirmed for me one thing, and that’s my slightly irrational dislike of Earl Hebner. Can’t stand him, and I’m not sure why.

It's not irrational. I think Hebner is terrible. Watch any of his big matches back, he's uniformly awful.