Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Any idea who they're facing? It wouldn't happen, but the Wyatts would be a poetic finale seeing as they gave The Shield their best match. New Day would also be awesome, but Big E is fucked isn't he?

Looks like it'll have to be... *scrolls down the list of potential opponents* Sheamus, Cesaro and Baron fucking Corbin.

Vs Undisputed Era maybe? There isn't many exciting options on the table outside the Wyatts, unless they go with singles guys. I'd love to see Kyle O' Reilly and Dean Ambrose try and out stooge each other.

Edit: Sounds like Ronda is officially gone to make babies. Massive loss. Imagine having Ronda Rousey swan in and out of your company without giving anyone a rub. A proper one. Unbelievable.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Vs Undisputed Era maybe? There isn't many exciting options on the table outside the Wyatts, unless they go with singles guys. I'd love to see Kyle O' Reilly and Dean Ambrose try and out stooge each other.

Edit: Sounds like Ronda is officially gone to make babies. Massive loss. Imagine having Ronda Rousey swan in and out of your company without giving anyone a rub. A proper one. Unbelievable.

Of course she gave someone the rub. As usual it either wasn't who people wanted or how they wanted it but they did it. 

• Paid Members

As much as this is the kind of glib WWE soundbite I normally hate - most of the division got a rub through association. They wouldn't have had the women main event Wrestlemania without Rousey, they wouldn't have done an all-female PPV without Rousey, and most of her matches involved her opponent being built up as a credible threat in a manner they don't tend to bother with when it comes to women's matches. 

Just being in the match with Rousey was "the rub".  Charlotte vs. Becky would not have gone on last.  Neither would Becky vs Asuka, Charlotte vs. Asuka, Bayley vs. Banks or any other non Rousey match and you're mad if you think otherwise.

13 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Of course she gave someone the rub. As usual it either wasn't who people wanted or how they wanted it but they did it. 

11 hours ago, BomberPat said:

As much as this is the kind of glib WWE soundbite I normally hate - most of the division got a rub through association. They wouldn't have had the women main event Wrestlemania without Rousey, they wouldn't have done an all-female PPV without Rousey, and most of her matches involved her opponent being built up as a credible threat in a manner they don't tend to bother with when it comes to women's matches. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It might not have been the clean submission win most expected, but you're mad if you don't think Becky got the rub from Ronda.

39 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Just being in the match with Rousey was "the rub".  Charlotte vs. Becky would not have gone on last.  Neither would Becky vs Asuka, Charlotte vs. Asuka, Bayley vs. Banks or any other non Rousey match and you're mad if you think otherwise.

Fair points lads. The not giving the rub remark was off obviously. That's what happens when you're seven pints down and bored on the bus. 

I maintain it was a shit finish though. It didn't fit the build for me at all. Ronda was never tapping but it's about time Becky got herself a new impact finisher.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash