Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

They dialed it back later on, but when Spike first debuted, he'd stare at his hands or just wave them in front of his face a lot, and Joey Styles would always be going on about how he was "seeing colours" during his entrance, and play up that association without ever explicitly stating it. 

39 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

JBL ripping on AJ Lee for her tattoo was hilarious. As was her complete lack of self awareness during that shitty "pipe bomb" imitation.

AJ Lee was garbage.

Her "mean" heel face looked like a baby that was in the process of filling its nappy.

It is funny how the 'smart fans' needs have changed. Back in the 90s it was blood, guts and baps, nowadays it's workrate and gender neutral bathrooms at venues.

Not saying either is wrong, just odd how it's evolved.

Edited by AVM

1 hour ago, AVM said:

It is funny how the 'smart fans' needs have changed. Back in the 90s it was blood, guts and baps, nowadays it's workrate and gender neutral bathrooms at venues.

Probably because a lot of those 16 to 30 year old who wanked themselves dry to Sunny and Beulah are now 35 to 50 year olds with wives, daughters and public social media profiles. 

2 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Probably because a lot of those 16 to 30 year old who wanked themselves dry to Sunny and Beulah are now 35 to 50 year olds with wives, daughters and public social media profiles. 

If I bought into the social media shite I'd probably rather be posting images of prime Sunny than discussion gender-neutral fucking bathrooms, whatever they are.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AVM said:

It's not true. Smart fans preferred Benoit and All Japan and nodded in agreement when Dean Malenko was top of the PWI 500. The blood thirsty perverts were a different breed, hence the gulf in viewership numbers from then to now. Workrate perverts were always there, I know, I was one.

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

JBL ripping on AJ Lee for her tattoo was hilarious. As was her complete lack of self awareness during that shitty "pipe bomb" imitation.

AJ Lee was garbage.

She really was, she got out at the right time, if she would have stuck around for this 'revolution' her utter lack of talent would have been exposed. I don't think she was a very nice person either really, she always had that look of 'entitlement' about her.

She was a great character and as a person she knew how to work the internet, beyond that she had 'nuthing. (of course one could argue do you need anything else in this modern era?)

I like Nash, I prefer to watch his shoots more than his work, As a character I liked him most during his early 96 tweener run rfeuding with Taker and Bret. NWO Nash I’m not actually that familiar with, I’m going through that era of wcw  now. He’s rotten at long promos and comedy from what i remember.

Nash was obviously huge and charismatic, he could get away with showing up for a pay check with minimal effort, a guy like him will always get on easier than most. As credible as he was Sid was a different thing entirely. The guy was ripped and looked a genuine fucking beast. He stood out a mile in those early days when WCW wasn’t really about bodies. The ‘smart’ fans seemed to love him as much as the Horseman or the Midnight Express. I’m not gonna get excited by a Sid singles match but he worked well enough in tags.