Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, Bohan said:

Not directly aimed at yourself, but what is up with the constant bashing of wrestling fans by other wrestling fans?

Yes you get a pocket of odd balls turning up for wrestling shows, but the vast majority are normal everyday people.

I’ve asked the same question for years.

It’s always been evident here. It’s also on Twitter too: nobody hates/looks down on wrestling fans more than other wrestling fans.

Wrestling fans sat at home on their computers/phones complaining online about the wrestling fans attending shows not looking, chanting, cheering or booing the right way.

• Paid Members

If you bothered to get off a wrestling forum, have a wash, put on your Bullet Club t-shirt and bum bag combo then go out into the real world you'd realise that everyone hates everyone now days. You sicken me.

• Paid Members

Twitter, Facebook, newspaper comments sections, etc have opened my eyes to a level of stupid I never knew existed in the world. Wrestling fans aren't exempt.

I've no problem admitting on here the fact that I'm an over-grown child who should have grown out of fake fighting years ago. But for every cool person I come across who is a normal functioning adult who happens to be nostalgic for men in pants, there are ten social inadequates I wouldn't leave alone with my kids.

2 hours ago, Weezenal said:

If you bothered to get off a wrestling forum, have a wash, put on your Bullet Club t-shirt and bum bag combo then go out into the real world you'd realise that everyone hates everyone now days. You sicken me.

Especially neckbeards, everyone hates them more.

• Paid Members

Whilst in New Orelans for 'Mania, we went to a nearby mall. Of course there were loads of wrestling shirt clad folk (like myself, proudly sporting the Matt Riddle 'Broweiser' t-shirt I had bought from the man the previous night), but a few things really made me crawl into my face when I took in the hundreds of wrestling fans festering around the place.

Firstly, the amount of people wearing replica championship belts in that public setting was awful. Some wearing it around their waist, some over the shoulder, all of them an absolute state. Wear them to a show; fine. I think it's weird but whatever floats your boat. But to strut about with them at a shipping centre? Around ordinary folk?? Fucking hell. Woeful.

Secondly, the amount of grown men wearing Alexa Bliss t-shirts. Be a fan, support your faves, whatever. But this was creepy. Really put me off-guard.

Thirdly, all those neck beard stereotypes are there for a reason. I'm not talking about beards that have some growth on the neck or some shadow, this is purely guys who don't give a fuck about their appearance. Just unkempt swashes of filth. I'm no oil painting but I do the best with what I have. Take some pride lads! Even I kept my fuzz trimmed and wore a nice jacket to go along with my nerd jersey.

But, say if I go to an indy show around here, for the most part the crowds are fine. Friendly, regular folk who are just out for a good time. Occasionally you'll bump into someone who gives you the heebie-jeebies (like the guy who followed us around after a XXX Wrestling show or the fuckjob who sniffed my partners hair) and there's some whose social etiquette needs working on (DON'T be that guy who Two-Sweets the door men), and there's some who just need to keep the smarky comments to a minimum ("God! That was worse than RAW!" is one I heard at a FCP show recently), plus there's still some rascists, homophobic, sexist pricks littering about the place.

But, from my experience (apart from Sunday afternoon in New Orleans on the day of WrestleMania), it's a few bad apples tainting the rest of the bunch. That's purely from my own perspective; I don't tend to go to WWE shows or frequent the dark depths of wrestling Twitter or r/SquaredCircle so take it for what it is. One arsehole's opinion on other arseholes.

Besides, I've seen MUCH worse at conventions, festivals and gigs. 

• Paid Members

One thing to be said for wrestling fans' uniformity, though, is that I didn't get lose on my way to the last FCP show I went to. I just walked in the vague direction of the venue until I saw black T-shirts and baseball caps.

21 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Secondly, the amount of grown men wearing Alexa Bliss t-shirts. Be a fan, support your faves, whatever. But this was creepy. Really put me off-guard.

Bang on. These adult male obsessive type Bliss fans should be the subject of immediate police investigation. Ya seen the ones that wear the cut off gloves and that, scary as fuck.