Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

25 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Ah yes, on the spectrum from white to black via the Asians.

I took it as a reference to the broader context of minority races in the US.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, D@mm said:

But that shouldn't of even been said, he could of said that he can't think of a tall black wrestler but there has been Hispanic or Indian, it don't bother me what or how he said it. I am just saying he needs to word things better in case someone else makes that assumption.

Appreciate the look-out, but there's no need. It's clear people understood what I was referring to. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Genuinely can't think of any, which is surprising - you'd have thought someone would have crossed over from basketball and ended up in that kind of gimmick, but none come to mind. 

True, although Shaq is the only one I can think of who'd have also the mass as well as the height. Generally, basketball players don't tend to have the build that would lend credibility to the "giant" gimmick, which tends to rely on a combo of prodigious strength and weight, I feel. The Big Show and Andre, in this regard, were bang-on. 

1 hour ago, D@mm said:

But that shouldn't of even been said, he could of said that he can't think of a tall black wrestler but there has been Hispanic or Indian, it don't bother me what or how he said it. I am just saying he needs to word things better in case someone else makes that assumption.

Fucking Carbomb and more of his culturally insensitive banter, eh? The guy's always at it. Thank God you're here to pull him up and correct him.

12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Might have to start keeping an eye on NXT now that Matt's there.Riddle Vs TAFKA Tommy End?

Also, the reason I'm actually here is to say that apparently Bandai Namco and NJPW are doing a crossover again. Los Ingobernables de Japon are in a promotional video which features Naito wielding Soul Edge.

They had Soul Calibur as one of the sponsors on the Mat at one of the recent road to power struggle shows, I assume they’ll have outfits from New Japan like Tekken 7 as there is a create a fighter mode 

• Paid Members

That could look a bit odd. Rocking up to a swordfight in your LIJ shirt. Nice not of cross promotion, though. The NJPW stuff in Tekken 7 is great. Although the Slingblade they've given to Lars is weaker than King's Rainmaker. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That could look a bit odd. Rocking up to a swordfight in your LIJ shirt. Nice not of cross promotion, though. The NJPW stuff in Tekken 7 is great. Although the Slingblade they've given to Lars is weaker than King's Rainmaker. 

I haven’t come across the NJPW stuff in Tekken 7 yet, do I have to unlock it?

• Paid Members

The 180 WWE have turned in terms of how they treat the legacy of Ultimate Warrior is baffling. From releasing a DVD burying him to making him out to be this inspirational figure (he was a wrong'un, let's be honest) and wheeling out his missus as some sort of charity ambassador is quite the escalation.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The 180 WWE have turned in terms of how they treat the legacy of Ultimate Warrior is baffling. From releasing a DVD burying him to making him out to be this inspirational figure (he was a wrong'un, let's be honest) and wheeling out his missus as some sort of charity ambassador is quite the escalation.

I agree. I mean, it was tragic what happened to him, leaving behind two kids and a wife, all that jazz, but the company must have known he was a lunatic? And it's not like it's heresay, it's all over fucking YouTube.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I haven’t come across the NJPW stuff in Tekken 7 yet, do I have to unlock it?

I think it's DLC. If you've got the first season pass it  should be there. There are New Japan themed t-shirts for dressing the  characters in as well.