Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

It seems strange why they'd get someone else in. You don't need to go to a studio to do voice acting. You can actually get it done over the phone. Surely, they'd have had enough time for him.

I doubt a AAA game developer would get their audio recorded via bloody FaceTime.

If it's a choice between that and someone who clearly isn't John Cena, I think most people would be more forgiving of slightly lower audio quality for his lines. He'd be sending them as a voice file rather than recording live over the air, so assuming his phone's not cheap it wouldn't be that bad.

• Paid Members

My main takeaway from that video is that the latest edition of the WWE video game looks basically exactly the same as the last WWE video game release I bought, in 2016. Have the games had any significant changes either graphically or gameplay wise in years or what?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

My main takeaway from that video is that the latest edition of the WWE video game looks basically exactly the same as the last WWE video game release I bought, in 2016. Have the games had any significant changes either graphically or gameplay wise in years or what?

If they're trying to sell the same game again, they should change their name from 2K to PeterK.

2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I believe they've generally sped up the gameplay - it was getting real cumbersome the last two years. A few new gameplay modes and elements added too, but probably not all that different on the whole.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Loading times have been sped up significantly, as has the gameplay a bit. More challenge modes and a massively expanded career mode. Not perfect by any stretch but a decent improvement on last years game. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Chelsea Green has signed with WWE and started at the performance centre last week, that one was kept quiet.

I remember reading that she had trials with them or something earlier this year. The woman they really need to sign soon (perhaps after a bit more seasoning in this indies) is Jordynne Grace. What a look she has.

• Paid Members

From what I can gather from Twitter, someone slept with Lars Sullivan in exchange for Wrestlemania tickets. Fair play.

Jordynne Grace is superb, and still only 22, so plenty of time for her to get more experience before WWE come knocking. She's very short, though, so I wonder how much she'll be able to keep up the "big girl" gimmick in WWE. As far as I know, she's not worked Japan regularly before - Cagematch has one match for Marvellous - I'd like to see a stint for somewhere like Sendai Girls before she ends up in the Fed.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

From what I can gather from Twitter, someone slept with Lars Sullivan in exchange for Wrestlemania tickets. Fair play.

Jordynne Grace is superb, and still only 22, so plenty of time for her to get more experience before WWE come knocking. She's very short, though, so I wonder how much she'll be able to keep up the "big girl" gimmick in WWE. As far as I know, she's not worked Japan regularly before - Cagematch has one match for Marvellous - I'd like to see a stint for somewhere like Sendai Girls before she ends up in the Fed.

Jordynne Grace is indeed fantastic and I would love to see a run in Japan first before she hops on the WWE gravy train. I really enjoyed her mixed-tag stuff in Beyond (she had some great matches teaming with Lufisto against Team Pazzuzu). I can't say that WWE would do much with her but if it works out best for her career/bank balance then fair play.