Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

... however, I have Reigns v Rock down as "doesn't need the Rumble win" like Reigns v Lesnar, Lesnar v Goldberg and the mains of Mania 22, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 28.

So, even if they book it..... Miz wins the WWE title and Bryan wins the Rumble. I've said it since SummerSlam, this is the hill I die on.

Incidentally in trying to find the post from last year prior to SummerSlam where I voiced that I thought Styles v Nakamura was going on at Mania, I found this amusing take, with the benefit of hindsight......

Hath a mare, nevermore.

• Paid Members

The beauty of Rock/Reigns is that, on paper, it's a match entirely about putting Roman Reigns over the biggest star in the world to pass the torch and cement him as the top guy. But if they want The Rock walking into Saudi Arabia as champion, Reigns is doing the job. 

It's got to a point where the whole Roman Reigns project is just hilarious to me. A top guy that they never put conclusively over anyone.

16 minutes ago, air_raid said:

... however, I have Reigns v Rock down as "doesn't need the Rumble win" like Reigns v Lesnar, Lesnar v Goldberg and the mains of Mania 22, 23, 24, 26, 27 and 28.

So, even if they book it..... Miz wins the WWE title and Bryan wins the Rumble. I've said it since SummerSlam, this is the hill I die on.

I feel like they're more likely to have Rock win it for the publicity going in to Mania. Similar to Batista winning the Rumble before 30.

• Paid Members

It'll be overly reliant on old-timers again, but starting to look like we might end up with a pretty stacked 'Mania card. We could conceivably end up with;

The Rock vs. Roman Reigns
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Triple H vs. Batista
Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair

Throw in matches for Lesnar, Cena, Kurt Angle, potentially a returning Rey Mysterio...it'll be a six hour long nightmare, but one that could look pretty huge on paper. All to build to a show in Saudi Arabia a fortnight later.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It'll be overly reliant on old-timers again, but starting to look like we might end up with a pretty stacked 'Mania card. We could conceivably end up with;

The Rock vs. Roman Reigns
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Triple H vs. Batista
Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair

Throw in matches for Lesnar, Cena, Kurt Angle, potentially a returning Rey Mysterio...

Miz vs Bryan for the belt

Rollins vs heel Ambrose

Styles vs Balor cross-brand perverts match

...... personally, Joe v Cena.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

That looks like a Tables, Ladders and Chairs card.

Don't be a twit, it's the hors d'oeuvres of the banquet of stars Pat presented.

• Paid Members

I’d never considered it before, but I bet Ambrose and Rollins could have a cracking Wrestlemania match. They’ve had some great bouts in the past so I think on the big stage they could be dynamite together. There’s an amazing video package that could be made to tell their story, too.

• Paid Members

I'd be amazed if it doesn't happen. Ambrose is long overdue a heel run - and hopefully be given the scope to be as good at it as he was in the feud with Regal in FCW, and not just be a generic WWE villain - and turning him on Seth avoids the likelihood of him getting cheered if he turns on Reigns instead.

Need to wait for Daniel Bryan to come up short (stop it) and give his blessing to the Hulkster to go ahead and have his own crack at the weakened champ. That's a WrestleMania moment.

I’d love it if they held off on the Ambrose heel turn and did him and Rollins as a remake of Bret vs Piper at Mania 8, where Deano refrains from using weapons while the ref’s down and then ends up losing clean.

He turns heel on Raw the next night on Raw to set up the rematch in Saudi Arabia.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The beauty of Rock/Reigns is that, on paper, it's a match entirely about putting Roman Reigns over the biggest star in the world to pass the torch and cement him as the top guy. But if they want The Rock walking into Saudi Arabia as champion, Reigns is doing the job. 

It's got to a point where the whole Roman Reigns project is just hilarious to me. A top guy that they never put conclusively over anyone.

He’s gone over Triple H and The Undertaker clean at Wrestlemania and beat Cena clean on PPV last year. The stuff with him and Brock was damaging but to say he hasn’t conclusively gone over anyone is unfair.