Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I get that, and its admirable that he has come out to defend her. But surely it is part of the territory now, especially as they are so active on social media themselves. I hate to say it, but if you put yourself out there as much as the Bella's do, you open yourself up for way more criticism. I know some go way over the top, but that's twitter really (not saying that's right btw). I saw a lot of people defending her and those who were critical, were pointing out that  she's been bloody awful in the ring. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He's making a reasonable point, though - he's considered an elite level worker, and has a ton of goodwill behind him, and never receives the criticism that Brie gets for being dangerous, unsafe or reckless.

That's the crux though isn't it? He's elite level. Shit always happens because wrestling is a dangerous industry. But it's far more likely if you're a clumsy oaf who has never mastered it.

I think in this case, the criticism is multiplied by the fact that it was something so rudimentary that she was doing. It wasn't a simple accident, it was completely reckless because she's fucking shit at what she does.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think in this case, the criticism is multiplied by the fact that it was something so rudimentary that she was doing.

But something so rudimentary that Daniel Bryan also admitted to having made a similar mistake with against Andrade Almas recently, and receiving nothing like the same criticism.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

But something so rudimentary that Daniel Bryan also admitted to having made a similar mistake with against Andrade Almas recently, and receiving nothing like the same criticism.

I'd happily give him stick if I saw it. But still, he has thousands of matches. Makes a mistake here and here. She has tens of matches, causes the same amount of bother.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

I lasted 4 minutes 30. All I could hear after that was "y'know". Y'know?

Took me around the same time before I stopped watching. 

I’m sure he’s probably doing this as a favour for an old mate, or for the wife, the Church, etc. But if that first five minutes is anything to go by, it’s absolutely fucking horrendous. The presenter. The annoying cuts to archive footage right when they’re in the middle of a sentence. I think I only picked up on the ‘you know?’ thing when it had already been mentioned on here, but when you throw that into the mixer you’ve got a really unholy trifecta of shite there. Nails on a chalkboard stuff. What Marko does in his spare time is entirely up to him, but it almost seems a shame that such a rare, out of character, in-depth interview like this has been wasted on that cuck. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I've looking for a reason to try the DG On-Demand service for quite a while.

I had the dragons gate network for a few months it's great but the lack of an app to watch on your TV is kinda off putting its the same with the ajpw service and ddt universe. 

• Paid Members

I’m kinda disappointed he’s gone back to Pac. Always seemed an ill-fitting ring name to me, moreso now given his current look/gimmick. Seemed like a good opportunity to create something else.

(I apologise in advance if this leads to another string of Y.I. Mann / Foggon D’Tyne posts like when he first became Adrian Neville)