Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Not it’s own thread, but there’s speculation in the RAW Thread at the moment

But it could just as easily be about Sting, or The Undertaker. I think it's definitely Shawn's chin.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Flair always banged on about doing 400 dates a year as champ. Here's 4 months of his schedule in 1983.

Rack 'em up; you'll see 4 days off in there. 

Doesn't tell you how many shows. If he had 4 days off every month and maybe an extra two over the holidays that's 50 days in the year without a show. However if weekends were two shows a day as its said they often were at the time (the WWF continued this practice on lucrative loops into the 90s) he feasibly works another 100 shows in the year putting the total shows to about 415. Take off the days for travel which you haven't included as "off" and 400 still isn't the wild exaggeration it might seem at first glance. #SteinerMaths

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Doesn't tell you how many shows. If he had 4 days off every month and maybe an extra two over the holidays that's 50 days in the year without a show. However if weekends were two shows a day as its said they often were at the time (the WWF continued this practice on lucrative loops into the 90s) he feasibly works another 100 shows in the year putting the total shows to about 415. Take off the days for travel which you haven't included as "off" and 400 still isn't the wild exaggeration it might seem at first glance. #SteinerMaths

A few years back Jim Cornette released the Midnight Express Scrapbook, which includes details of their bookings over a similar period, and 400+ shows definitely wouldn't sound out of the question. Often going months with no days off, and two or three shows a day at weekends, it adds up very quickly.

I'll have to dig out my copy for stats when I'm at home.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

A few years back Jim Cornette released the Midnight Express Scrapbook, which includes details of their bookings over a similar period, and 400+ shows definitely wouldn't sound out of the question. Often going months with no days off, and two or three shows a day at weekends, it adds up very quickly.

I'll have to dig out my copy for stats when I'm at home.

Cornette occasionally does episodes where he'll go over a period of his career with Brian Last, and the ones where he goes over his  time managing the Midnights sound like a heck of a busy time for not much money. He did an episode where he talked about them sneaking up to New York on one of their few days off to meet Vince about possibly going to the WWF and Vince talking about "dolls" in the meeting which immediately led Jim to conclude that he wouldn't have been able to pick the Midnights out of a lineup had they not been right there in front of him. The  stuff about when he  was in OVW was interesting as well.