Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, uklaw said:

Starting next week, 205 Live is being shown on the network at 7pm Eastern. Which I think is midnight our time- which means it’s now on BEFORE Smackdown. 

Likely what they should have done from the very beginning. 

‘Funny’ thing is that people will probably stay for the Mixed Match Challenge which starts soon (and I suspect is the main reason for the change, less to do with the embarrassing exodus of fans the last few weeks).

Nah it's being shown an hour before NXT airs. Wednesday night/Thursday morning. 

205/NXT/MYC is your new Wednesday three hour block. It's a start. Now if they taped 205 in a smaller building I'd consider watching it. 

5 hours ago, Richard said:

Nah it's being shown an hour before NXT airs. Wednesday night/Thursday morning. 

205/NXT/MYC is your new Wednesday three hour block. It's a start. Now if they taped 205 in a smaller building I'd consider watching it. 

That’s what I get for passing on news early in the morning in another country, hungover and foggy 😩

Thanks for the correction.

• Paid Members

Somewhat suspicious that he very deliberately stated it’s likely the last time we’ll see WOKEN Matt Hardy in a WWE ring, and from that point on it seemed much more ‘worky’ than the first 2/3 of the video did.

I’m aware of the stories about his health that are circulating, but can’t help but wonder if that’s a retirement of Woken Matt & moving on to something else character wise.

• Paid Members

Imagine if they allowed Matt to script his own retirement angle. Something bonkers at the Hardy Compound. There no way it wouldn’t be an improvement on some of he dross we see on Raw. Tell Titus Worldwide to take the week off and give Matt twenty minutes of TV time to shoot whatever makes him and Jeremy Borash laugh. It’d be brilliant.

Edited by Supremo

WWE have announced another Starrcade event, taking place in Cincinnati November 24th. No word yet on if it is being broadcast on the network, but the falling Matches are currently being advertised:

WWE Title Steel Cage Match: Samoa Joe v AJ Styles

WWW Smackdown Women’s Title Steel Cage Match: Charlotte v Becky Lynch

WWE United States Title Match: Rusev v Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE Smackdown Title Match: The Bar v The New Day

Cincinnati Street Fight: The Shield v Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler

Elias Performs w/ appearance by Ric Flair

More TBA, Card Subject to Change

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Vince always hated Christian though didn’t he? 

Also Did he even retire?

Not by choice. WWE just told him he was. It took a while, but I think he's accepted it now.

Been mulling it over & think Matt will move on to the next iteration of the Broken/Woken gimmick, by doing blackface & joining the Raw announce team as "Token" Matt Hardy.

• Paid Members

Reports in the Observer the other week were that both Matt Hardy and Jason Jordan were both learning how to be producers backstage, under he assumption that their in-ring careers were over. I think Matt has proven he’s got a great creative mind for the business. Nothing suggests Jason Jordan has any worth in a backstage role. He wasn’t much use as a wrestler, either. 

I was thinking last night about Jeff calling it a day. He won his only WWE Chanpionship in December 2008, if he could take the belt in one last big moment on the 10 year anniversary that would be awesome. The December event is TLC I think. Throw in added resentment from Styles or Joe about how he fucked about in TNA while they were working so hard and it makes for a great story. Basically writes itself 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Reports in the Observer the other week were that both Matt Hardy and Jason Jordan were both learning how to be producers backstage, under he assumption that their in-ring careers were over. I think Matt has proven he’s got a great creative mind for the business. Nothing suggests Jason Jordan has any worth in a backstage role. He wasn’t much use as a wrestler, either. 

What was Jordan's injury?
Must be pretty severe to be career ending.