Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

What was Jordan's injury?
Must be pretty severe to be career ending.

Neck problems. It seems super early in his career for him to suffer an injury that he can’t come back from but then you’ve got to remember that he’s been in Developmental since 2011. Imagine all the stupid drills he probably had to go through for years on end.

I love the idea of Hardy having one last run with the belt. Hardy vs. AJ feels like a dream match in WWE. It wouldn’t be hard to promote it as a story of salvation, either. Just show clips of that incredible 24 special they did on the Hardys. Some of those clips are so dark, it’s amazing to see how he’s (mostly) sorted himself out.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Neck problems. It seems super early in his career for him to suffer an injury that he can’t come back from but then you’ve got to remember that he’s been in Developmental since 2011. Imagine all the stupid drills he probably had to go through for years on end.

A fairly lengthy, high-level amateur career will put some wear & tear on your neck as well, I'd imagine.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

So this couldn't be more UKFF if Purple AKI and the leftover Chuckle brother tagged in, but here's Dave Benson Phillips mounting a comeback.

https://streamable.com/2snhb

image.png.065cf1c7e7acc3ac58d7f8645137a900.png

I was in attendance for this, and DBP played a blinder, it was a really entertaining silly thing. So much fun though.

4 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

When there was a danger of gunge being involved.

There was a paddling pool of gunge set up outside the ring, and Session Moth Martina did a gunge spot in the ring too. They had intervals before and after the match to install/remove the tarps.

I massively enjoy Riptide shows, it's a nice blend where you can see Dave Benson Phillips and Ringkampf on the same show without anyone batting an eyelid, and it works.  

• Paid Members

I was glad he got a decent pop at the Rumble in January and I've always admired his work - but within a month he'll become just another guy on the roster and we'll soon become apathetic at seeing him coming out again. Unless they have him become the flagbearer for 205 Live, which might be interesting and a little different, but understandably he's a bigger commodity than that and there'll be more merch to be shifted on either Raw or Smackers. 

I'd suggest Raw would be the best home for him - Smackers has plenty of good things going for it right now in terms of storylines and rivalries and Raw needs some more star power, especially in the midcard. But it's impossible for me to get enthused about this knowing that within a few weeks he'll become just another body, or he'll be rammed down everyone's throats to the point where the crowds start to boo him all over again. 

36 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I was glad he got a decent pop at the Rumble in January and I've always admired his work - but within a month he'll become just another guy on the roster and we'll soon become apathetic at seeing him coming out again. Unless they have him become the flagbearer for 205 Live, which might be interesting and a little different, but understandably he's a bigger commodity than that and there'll be more merch to be shifted on either Raw or Smackers. 

I'd suggest Raw would be the best home for him - Smackers has plenty of good things going for it right now in terms of storylines and rivalries and Raw needs some more star power, especially in the midcard. But it's impossible for me to get enthused about this knowing that within a few weeks he'll become just another body, or he'll be rammed down everyone's throats to the point where the crowds start to boo him all over again. 

I recall very little of Rey's career after about 2011, was he ever getting the boos much apart from that Royal Rumble with the tantrum about him not being Daniel Bryan?