Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

56 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I’m always up for seeing him come back, but I wonder why it’s on Smackdown 1000. Evolution were always on Raw, except maybe the odd appearance on Smackdown during their feud with the Shield. 

Because you're probably one of six people in the world that matters to.

I hope this leads to a big Batista programme down the line, but im worried it'll just be a meaningless cameo like everything on Raw 25. Wouldn't be surprised if they just kick the shite out of Anderson and Gallows, hit their finishers and then fuck off

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

That’s sad, wouldn’t wish upon anybody. Both him and Vince are getting old now so these things will happen unfortunately. Like Vince I hope he’s kept a copy of his memoirs. Would be interesting to find out his real feelings about what happened and how he would have played it differently. 

The only current thing I would want to see with Evolution would be a three way. That or big Dave vs the Rock. The story writes itself and I’m sure Vince would cream himself if he could make it happen. Hollywood vs Hollywood. The exposure and social media coverage they would get would be worth the sizable paycheck both would demand. They both could easily get on most of the major US talk shows whilst topping the twitter rankings every time they appeared on Raw. 

• Paid Members

Whilst it’s a big money match, what would Batista vs. The Rock accomplish? Both would be pissing off again after the match, and you’ve not accomplished anything after the news headlines have ended. No one on the current roster has been made a bigger star, therefore isn’t shifting any merchandise, therefore the spend’s been for very little.

• Paid Members

Yes but WWE haven’t created many top level stars in recent years. If they can pull off such a big match a Wrestlemania I’m almost sure they would. If say both came back who can you put across the ring with both to make their opponent in with a shout. There’s Reigns and AJ, I would love to see Rollins and hope they go full on with him and then Strowman possibly.

They’ve always got HHH, Brock and Cena to use as main event level back up against those three especially as now all three are part timers so their appearances mean more. I do think Brock could do with a year or two off screen, last I saw the fans were turning on him. It may change now he’s dropped the belt. A year or two in MMA only could increase with worth for when he makes a wrestling comeback, although I doubt that is the plan and expect him on the card next year.

I’m not 100% up on WWE as I only watch it infrequently now. I was hoping for a Shield three way at Mania with Rollins going over in the last on main event.

If both Dave and the Rock were to Wrestle then I guess there’s always a chance the Reigns and Rock match will happen, I expect that we will eventually see it one day.

You are right that both Dave and the Rock will end up pissing off if one or both returned, the Rock always does and with Dave’s perception on how he thought he was treated last time, he won’t give them an extend chance again.

I also see Rousey and Steph being billed as one of the main events in the next year or two. I defiantly wouldn’t be surprised either if when that happens it goes on last. Steph can then take the limelight and continue with her “I created the Women’s wrestling boom line”.

Edited by maddog

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

He is older than i thought (36) I am a fan of his, he isn't great by any means, but i find him decent enough. I would say he is about as good as Baron corbin, passable but not great. He has the size and look that WWE love, he can change his gear and body, and can improve his wrestling skills at the PC. He is of  Puerto Rican descent, so i guess that may have a big factor in his signing, to appeal to the Latin American market/audience

You’re right, but that’s not a positive. Corbin is dreadful. 

• Paid Members

I have no idea who he is, but if someone is 36 and only now at the level of Baron Corbin, then I would suggest they aren't worth the investment from WWE.

There are way too many guys in WWE these days to be signing someone who isn't already very talented or has lots of room for improvement, unless maybe  they could be extremely useful eventually for breaking into new markets/appealing to different demographics. 

• Paid Members

Imagine Baron Corbin, but with that awful Abyss style where he’s forever chucking himself into thumbtacks to little to no reaction to cover up for how boring and shit he is otherwise. That’s the way I’d describe him. 

Imagine seeing the type of talent ROH has and picking Punishment Martinez to sign! Unbelievable.

15 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Whilst it’s a big money match, what would Batista vs. The Rock accomplish? Both would be pissing off again after the match, and you’ve not accomplished anything after the news headlines have ended. No one on the current roster has been made a bigger star, therefore isn’t shifting any merchandise, therefore the spend’s been for very little.

It'd accomplish Batista Vs. Rock. I mean... I'd wank over it. 

I'm alright with two oldies having a massive match in a vacuum where nobody gets made at a WrestleMania. It's less depressing than trying to have someone made and then having them trade wins and losses with the rest of them and getting a lucrative street fight triple threat with Ziggler and Balor by the time Extreme Rules comes around.