Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Winston said:

Still gutted how it turned out with Neville in the WWE. They dropped a massive bollock with him.

He'll go from strength to strength on the indies now.

For me he was the best wrestler in WWE last year, a sensational run as "King of the Cruiserweights".Ā  He was also a ridiculously good heel considering his previous lack of personality and the fact he does some of the most jaw-dropping high flying moves in the company.Ā  I am also very much gutted he didn't go further in WWE.

8 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

You fancy Neville/PAC will look like an absolute superstar outside WWE. Considering what a rubbish afterthought 205 Live is, he very nearly dragged it to a watchable level. Very much hoping we see him in NJPW. Ibushi v PAC would be some feud.

I'm content with this. He's returning to his roots. I suppose as long as it wasn't straight to Bullet Club, no worries. Mind you, I think him and Marty Scurll could make quite an interesting team and just the ticket for them in the Junior HeavyweightĀ Tag Division now the Young Bucks have moved up to the Heavyweights. Maybe he turnsĀ up at some stage. PerhapsĀ a guest in BOSJ.

I think the main scramble will be who's going to book the Will Ospreay match. I think Rev Pro will likely do that at some stage. It does have great potential. One of the top UK high fliers in recent years vs one of the biggest breakout UK stars of the boom. Who also happens to be a high flier. So it's all great on that front.

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I can't wait 'til he shows up at a show here in Newcastle, the pop will be nuts.

I've not been to a BritWres show in years ... since Pac stopped being on them, probably! ... but if he turns up in the North East again I'mĀ there.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, kidzero said:

I had the dragons gate network for a few months it's great but the lack of an app to watch on your TV is kinda off putting its the same with the ajpw service and ddt universe.Ā 

As long as it's Chrome Cast compatible, I'll be grand. Failing that, I'll just connect a HDMI cable to my laptop and use a Bluetooth keyboard to navigate from the sofa. Where there's a will there's a way (in this case, a very easy way).

• Paid Members

There had been rumours around a little while ago that they want Roman Reigns vs. The Rock for Wrestlemania, and people had speculated that we might see Rock win the Rumble to get there. I haven't heard anything about Summerslam, but it seems that the impetus is on the Saudis wanting The Rock to walk into the April Saudi Arabia show as champion, and being prepared to put up the money to make it happen.

I said before the Greatest Royal Rumble that I honesty wouldn't be surprised to see The Rock show up there, as they were throwing everything they could at the show, and he'd posted photos to Instagram of him hanging out with some Saudi prince or other. More recently, just last week I was telling someone that I thought the true test of how much they're prepared to bend over backwards for the Saudi regime would be if they managed to get Rock and/or Austin to wrestle on one of the shows. I'd put money on Hogan showing up at the next one, too.

I honestly think it could backfire for The Rock, though - he's a big name movie star, and has (deservedly or not) picked up a bit of a reputation as being a "woke" celeb, with all the nonsense of him running for president and so on. He's someone who's never really been hit by a major scandal or controversy, but there could well be some backlash if he happens to wrestle on a show in Saudi Arabia around the same time that they, for example, crucify someone for homosexuality and witchcraft.

• Paid Members

Iā€™ve such little interest in seeing Roman vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania. Unless they turn Roman heel, of course. Then itā€™s my biggest dream match of all time.

The amount of money theyā€™ve got to throw at guys now, how long until we see Stone Cold make a return? I bet wanting to perform at the same level as when he left wonā€™t seem quite as important when thereā€™s literally tens of millions of dollars on the table.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

There had been rumours around a little while ago that they want Roman Reigns vs. The Rock for Wrestlemania, and people had speculated that we might see Rock win the Rumble to get there. I haven't heard anything about Summerslam, but it seems that the impetus is on the Saudis wanting The Rock to walk into the April Saudi Arabia show as champion, and being prepared to put up the money to make it happen.

This would be insane. Absolutely not something I ever considered when being as adamant as I have been that Dwayne's never taking a bump again, that there could be enough bunse on offer to compensate jeopardizing a movie project to do it. My head just exploded.

We need a modern Hollywood Rock - I'm thinking "The Billion Dollar Man" Dwayne Johnson, who shows up to Raw with a massive Saudi entourage and suitcases of cash, and asks Vince and/or Triple H what their price is to buy the Universal Title off them. Pretend the next Saudi event is a Rock creation he's set up just for a laugh. Have him go around offering wads of cash to WWE superstars to compete atĀ his event. Roman sticks up for WWE even though Rocky offers him a role in Doom 2 or whatever. I admit noneĀ of this wouldĀ get Roman cheered. I just wanna see the Rock act like a prick again...!

To be fair, I could envision Roman/Rock at Wrestlemania. Unlike the last few years, the main event doesn't seem completely penciled in 6 months in advance, which is one of the more positive aspects of the Lesnar/Roman "plan" finally being over I suppose. I could see a Wrestlemania 28 esque scenario, where Rock picks up the title, holds it through these Saudi shows and then drops it back to Reigns and joins the list as #421 of the Roman endorsement gang.Ā