Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Terry Funk doesn't like Trump. I can at least still cling to that. 

Is that true? That makes me so happy. I'm sure the southern lads like HBK, Taker, Austin are quiet voters, but the thought of kindly Terry Funk voting for that prick really stung.

I don't listen to Lawler's podcast but i often read write ups where he's whinging about political correctness etc. If there was a MeToo sweep in wrestling, I'd make an educated guess that he'd be shitting it.

3 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

Is that true? That makes me so happy. I'm sure the southern lads like HBK, Taker, Austin are quiet voters, but the thought of kindly Terry Funk voting for that prick really stung.

I don't listen to Lawler's podcast but i often read write ups where he's whinging about political correctness etc. If there was a MeToo sweep in wrestling, I'd make an educated guess that he'd be shitting it.

Christ can you imagine . . . given the stuff Marty Jannetty will happily say in a shoot interview as if it's a joke. Imagine the things he won't talk about.

I don't think Austin is. I remember before the election he had a pop a few times on a radio show about him being a coward. I don't think Austin particularly cares really.

I know Foley is pretty vocally against Trump (hey a Foley positive!) Obviously Jim Cornette hates him.

7 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I don't think Austin is. I remember before the election he had a pop a few times on a radio show about him being a coward. I don't think Austin particularly cares really.

I'm sure Austin said immediately after Trump won that they were in for an interesting four years, and that if Clinton had won it would have been "more of the same" of the "average" stuff they'd had previously.

Don't think he's a fan of Trump, but he sounds like he's no fan of Obama and Clinton either.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

There are public records of 'Taker donating to the Trump campaign. You really have to believe in a candidates ideologies to send them wads of cash.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

There are public records of 'Taker donating to the Trump campaign. You really have to believe in a candidates ideologies to send them wads of cash.

I remember seeing that on twitter months back but I didn't know if it was true. Someone mentioned in that new interview in the YouTube thread that Taker talks about his wife helping him find religion. I'm sure Jesus would be a big Trump fan. What a joke.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, David said:

They're hardly going to go from being on good terms with the guy to blanking him, are they?

He appeared a few times 10 years ago, he didn't donate everyone a kidney.

I would hope people read/saw the horrible shit he was saying in the run up to the election, but clearly that didn't make a difference. Lawler at the rally is really embarrassing though. A lot of voters must be quietly mortified at how bad Trump turned out, still supporting him now is mind boggling.

1 minute ago, Rob Lowe said:

He appeared a few times 10 years ago, he didn't donate everyone a kidney.

He's done more than that though, hasn't he? There's been WrestleManias in Trump Plaza in Atlantic City in 1988 and 1989, WWE donated $4 million to the Trump Foundation in 2007, the McMahon's donated over $7 million to groups supporting Trump's run at the Presidency, Trump picked Linda McMahon to head up his Small Business Administration.

Is it such a stretch to think that some of the company mainstays are on good terms with him?