Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Jordynne Grace is superb, and still only 22, so plenty of time for her to get more experience before WWE come knocking. She's very short, though, so I wonder how much she'll be able to keep up the "big girl" gimmick in WWE. 

She could always do a Taz or Rhyno-type gimmick - the short, tank-like killer. I don't think I've ever seen any women do that yet.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

About fucking time!

Do you think they'll edit it out of show order so they can get the women's tourney out before Evolution?

I doubt they will, given the MYC final is taking place at Evolution.

UK Womens title spoilers ;

I expect the MYC final to be Storm v Ripley with Toni winning, so they can refer back to it in the "rematch" for the UK title when that airs.

42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I doubt they will, given the MYC final is taking place at Evolution.

UK Womens title spoilers ;

Reveal hidden contents

I expect the MYC final to be Storm v Ripley with Toni winning, so they can refer back to it in the "rematch" for the UK title when that airs.

If Io Shirai doesn’t win the whole thing I’ll be surprised[spoiler/]

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:
  Hide contents

If Io Shirai doesn’t win the whole thing I’ll be surprised[spoiler/]

That's of course very likely, and she's signed either way. But I can't rule out them going all the way with Toni to make her a star and doing the "she did really well in defeat" with Ripley, then her win over Toni in the UK final makes a lot of sense, they can do a rubber match and potentially Toni knocks the UK stuff on the head and transitions to just being proper NXT, for when Kairi moves up. Io is going to be a big deal either way and maybe having Japan win it two years in a row either side of winning both Rumbles feels a bit.... un-WWE.

Although its just a feeling and you're probably right. And I wouldn't complain about Asuka, Kairi and Io all being on Evolution. It's not Triple Tails but I'll take it.

Although if they DID fiddle the order potentially it would be cool to see another title belt on the show, four women walking in with belts and someone getting a trophy would make the show feel great for prestige/stakes.

• Paid Members

Fucking phone version is starting to insert things written OUTSIDE quote or spoiler tags then not letting me delete/cut or add anything underneath on the edit...

Although if they DID fiddle the order potentially it would be cool to see another title belt on the show, four women walking in with belts and someone getting a trophy would make the show feel great for prestige/stakes.

• Paid Members

In partial mitigation, he’s not a fake Mexican in WWE, he’s a bloke from Leeds who is ‘inspired by Lucha Libre tradition’. But that mask is very ugly, yes.

Pleased to see there’s a date for NXT:UK, been on tenterhooks since the Cambridge tapings to see how they’ll edit around Johnny Saint having to go backstage to be reminded of how he was supposed to finish the segment he was involved in.

4 hours ago, Statto said:

In partial mitigation, he’s not a fake Mexican in WWE, he’s a bloke from Leeds who is ‘inspired by Lucha Libre tradition’. But that mask is very ugly, yes.

Pleased to see there’s a date for NXT:UK, been on tenterhooks since the Cambridge tapings to see how they’ll edit around Johnny Saint having to go backstage to be reminded of how he was supposed to finish the segment he was involved in.

If you’ve seen what’s under the mask then you would realise why he wears one.

lovely fella though, great personality and a hec of a grafting wrestling talent 

Khabib Nurmagomedov has "apparently" been offered somewhere to perform if he's suspended from MMA. He claims Vince has gotten in touch, and posted this on Twitter;

"WWE ask me to jump inside. What do you guys think? #SmashLesnar #FakeFights"