Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Didn't Bale trademark his celebration for use in merch?

Yes, but as a logo with a number 11 in it. That means people can't sell goods with that logo on, or one similar. But it doesn't mean they can't do the gesture - which seems to be what WWE are moaning about in this case.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Has the C&D letter been released or leaked? It could be that they are only C&Ding its use in merch. I'm fairly sure the WWE legal team are smart enough to not go after something intangible as just a hand signal. Or are they akin to yes men?

These are the people who tried to make a judge enforce Nash having a shave before nitro each week. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Michael Cole won't be at RAW on Monday as his son is getting married. Tom Phillips is filling in.

Apparently, this will only be the second time in 20 years that Cole will have missed RAW

20 years takes us to 97 so I suspect that's including him sat backstage watching the show or a slight overestimate. Especially as he did smackdown for years in the brandsplit didn't he? 

I think it's fair to assume he was backstage at Raw every week even when he wasn't on air.

But the news story I read on it didn't specify Raw, just that it's only the second time he's missed a week of TV since 1997.

That's pretty impressive really.  Given that he's at every NXT taping as well, probably has to go to Stamford fairly frequently and lives right in south Texas.  He must love flying!

• Paid Members

Tragic last days for the poor guy with his daughter dying.  Really sad news about a bloke in wrestling who I’ve never heard a bad word said against.

• Moderators

Awwwwwww. The greatest  commentator in wrestling history. Bar none. Easily. Watching the team of him and Dave Brown (the greatest commentary team ever) makes you feel like you're watching with friends, a great feeling. And his team with the Freebirds on Pro is massively underrated too. His "And heere wee go!", along with "What in the sam hill?" calls are ones I love, but what I love even more is that he doesn't talk in over-dramatic and cheesy soundbytes (Looking at you Ross). A huge loss to Professional Wrestling.

I think this was his last wrestling TV broadcast. From 2014 with his wonderful partner, the erstwhile Dave Brown.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27490271/dave-brown-and-lance-russell-reminisce-about-memphis-wrestling

Edited by PowerButchi