Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I saw that sexism thing on Twitter and some were saying they felt very uncomfortable at an ICW show and noted how ICW hadn't tweeted their support for telling people who chant that how they weren't welcome. Any ideas what that was all about?

I was at the most recent set of ICW tapings (which I think is now free on their Facebook) and they have a segment involving a female stripper that was pulled right out of Benny Hill. Wasn't very entertaining either (though a damn sight more fun than the worst promo / segment I have ever witnessed live in Joe Hendry that night).

ICW just feels confused to me. - lot of ideas are like ones that would surfice during the Attitude era and the swearing etc feels just forced. Whilst on the other hand they are also trying to put on matches with 'workrate' to appease other fans. I just don't get what they are supposed to be. 

Likewise, they employ some very untalented wrestlers in positions well above their station who are kept on out of sympathy Im guessing. 

Inoki is doing another one of his weird little hybrid events and the main event is Scott Norton vs Peter Aerts, I've gotta see how that turns out.

Oh a quick edit, the event is apparently a "Living Funeral" for Inoki.. whatever that means.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I used to love the old Inoki Genome Federation stuff - mad semi-shoot matches right alongside Japanese old-timer matches (one had Vader vs. Fujinami), followed by incomprehensible comedy skits with Inoki and Tiger Jeet Singh. Absolute genius.

Norton vs. Aerts is brilliantly bonkers - Meltzer said that, to put it in context, it would be akin to an indie promoter hiring a town hall to promote The Undertaker vs. Randy Couture.

1 hour ago, martinQblank said:

I was at the most recent set of ICW tapings (which I think is now free on their Facebook) and they have a segment involving a female stripper that was pulled right out of Benny Hill. Wasn't very entertaining either (though a damn sight more fun than the worst promo / segment I have ever witnessed live in Joe Hendry that night).

ICW just feels confused to me. - lot of ideas are like ones that would surfice during the Attitude era and the swearing etc feels just forced. Whilst on the other hand they are also trying to put on matches with 'workrate' to appease other fans. I just don't get what they are supposed to be. 

Likewise, they employ some very untalented wrestlers in positions well above their station who are kept on out of sympathy Im guessing. 

In the interest of generating a good discussion on here... would be keen to see your views on who you think is untalented?

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Meltzer said that, to put it in context, it would be akin to an indie promoter hiring a town hall to promote The Undertaker vs. Randy Couture.

That sounds a little bit hyperbolic, I mean this is Antonio Inoki promoting plus Flash was never that big of a star even when champion over there. He's no Vader or Hansen.

Maybe untalented is unfair but they certainly don't feel ready to be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Polo/Coffeys/Jester/Sha etc 

Kreiger needs a gimmick overhaul his gear is dreadful, Kid Fite needs a niche I don't understand what he is meant to be, Dickie Divers likewise. The "gangster" group is ropey as fuck. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Wwe has issued the young bucks with a legal letter stopping them using the too sweet gesture, applies to all merchandise too

Petty fuckers. In no way does it benefit The Empire to attempt to hurt the Bucks' act in such a manner. Pure spite. Probably assume the Jacksons can't afford legal aid to fight it. Bet the fuck they can.