Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

He's been a massive prick- which is no different to usual. He likes to think of himself as this controversial Russo-cum-Howard Stern figure in wrestling and is also claiming to be the best news source in wrestling, targeting Da Meltz in the process.

Basically, Jimmy Havoc had a pop on Twitter at a small group of fans chanting 'get your tits out' during a women's match. Don't blame him to be honest. Billi pops up, talking about how it's their right to chant that and then started banging on about how nobody likes women wrestling anyway and just want TNA- going full-blown Russo there. He then called somebody an irrelevant faggot.

Fortunately, a shitload of folk from the wrestling community- both here and from the States- have blasted him online to the point where one NEWZ site he worked for have parted ways with him. He has since had his account suspended. He's taken a grilling from everyone.

He's a massive cunt, and I'm starting to wonder which account he's had on here before. I reckon he's been on here. Who was the tedious poster that was banned this year that always worshipped Russo.

• Paid Members

In the midst of the "its their right to say it", he suggested that Alisteir Black was a hypocrite for defending women because "we all know he'll celebrate his NXT title run in a strip club", bragged about spending tons of money on strippers and prostitutes, and said, of the wrestler who Havoc was defending, "I'd rather see her in a strip club than a wrestling ring". Said wrestler was Millie McKenzie, who's under eighteen.

In classic "cunts in wrestling" fashion, he followed up with "LOOK HOW I WORKED ALL THESE MARKS LOLZ" Tweets - apparently forgetting that the point of a work is to make money, not lose your job and your platform. He was also, in the process, exposed as most of his Twitter followers being paid for fakes, and only having one backer on Patreon. A sad act and an utter prick - hopefully his son has some real male role models in his life.

10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Somebody calling him Babylon Poo (he does resemble Jas Mann!) is the funniest things I've seen on social media in a long time.

That is funny. He also called a good friend of mine a f**got twice (sorry can't even bring myself to type it) and then said India was a "dogshit 3rd world country) ah good job we all screenshotted them before he deleted them eh? 

Remember, it is always ALWAYS worth reporting vile shit like this to Twitter. It does work...sometimes 

• Paid Members

And not just reporting, but publicising. There's always the (valid) argument that you shouldn't give these people the oxygen of publicity, but by drawing attention to what he was saying, it cost him his "job" at Sportskeeda, and would presumably make anywhere else reluctant to give him a chance too.

I'm hoping that, given how many fans, promotions and wrestlers all said "this is unacceptable", it'll encourage more promoters to start policing this kind of thing, and convince more potential fans that a wrestling show isn't always as toxic an atmosphere as it sounds like - I know a few women who have never been to a live show because they don't think they'd feel comfortable there, and my ex was once asked outside a show, "which wrestler are you here to sleep with, then?" - and show people that, if there is a dickhead around, there are more people on your side than theirs. Here's hoping, anyway.

• Paid Members

How did the fake Twitter followers / patreon thing get exposed? Gutted I missed all this. 

On another note, there's loads of tweets flying round that a britwres trolling account ( not britwrestroll) accidentally tweeted from one of their other accounts and, in a surprise to no one is probably a well known promoter. 

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, chokeout said:

On another note, there's loads of tweets flying round that a britwres trolling account ( not britwrestroll) accidentally tweeted from one of their other accounts and, in a surprise to no one is probably a well known promoter. 

There's no way you're leaving us hanging like that!

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

There's no way you're leaving us hanging like that!

Trying to find the thread I saw about it but the Twitter account has been deleted now but there's links to their tweets here https://m.imgur.com/gallery/c8Ekd

the last post before they deleted their account was a tweet promoting a Southside match. 

image.jpeg

BriteWresTroll posted this yesterday. Much lols. I like Ben a lot, I used to do comms for him but he has a bit of a history of setting up multiple accounts, assuming this is him posting and not someone working for Southside. He had two accounts on here at one point and tried to put multiple votes in for the UKFF50 a few years back.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members

I don't know Ben, don't know much about Southside, but it's also been suggested that it might have been someone else working for them rather than definitely being him - I kind of lean more in that direction, as the official Southside account had already Tweeted that image some 45 minutes earlier, so it would be a weird mistake to make, whereas someone else associated with the company Tweeting the same image after the official account has already posted it seems more likely to me. But if he has previous, I could well be wrong.

I've seen it suggested that they might have set it up to look like it was Southside, but don't believe that for a second - you don't spend months anonymously slagging off other promoters and wrestlers, only to decide that the way to target this one is an elaborate hoax involving deleting Tweets and your whole account and hoping people notice.

On the fake Twitter followers thing, there's some sort of app/website that analyses someone's Twitter followers and will tell you how many are real and how many are fake, and someone must have used that on him, because screenshots from it were flying around a lot. That and the Patreon thing were particularly funny, as Bhatti's go-to comeback to any indie wrestler criticising him was that they were nobodies and he had thousands of followers, and that they wouldn't do anything about a fan shouting stuff because they couldn't afford to lose the money - all while raking in that sweet nine dollars from Patreon.