Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

WWE have announced an event in Greensboro called Starrcade taking place on November 25th, possibly a network event? Card subject to change:

Cage Match for the WWE Championship

Jinder Mahal Vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Cage Match For the Smackdown Women's Championship

Natalya Vs Charlotte

United States Championship

AJ Styles Vs Rusev Vs Baron Corbin

Texas Tornado Tag For The Smackdown Tag Team Championships

The New Day Vs The Usos

Sami Zayn Vs Kevin Owens 

Bobby Roode Vs Dolph Ziggler

Also Apperances from Ricky Steamboat and The Rock & Roll Express 

• Paid Members

It's the Saturday after Survivor Series, on Thanksgiving weekend. Greensboro Coliseum website is calling it WWE Live presents Starrcade: that is to say it's a house show. The name is just a ticket selling gimmick. 

13 hours ago, gadge said:

It's the Saturday after Survivor Series, on Thanksgiving weekend. Greensboro Coliseum website is calling it WWE Live presents Starrcade: that is to say it's a house show. The name is just a ticket selling gimmick. 

I would assume selling more tickets was the objective in naming the original 1983 show: 'Starrcade'. 

In what I am assuming is a first, Chris Jericho is hosting a 'rock & wrestling' cruise next year with live bands and live wrestling, which I think will be the first wrestling to take place on a cruise ship.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris-jericho-cruise-include-roh-tournament-hosted-jim-ross-243096

There's been cruises featuring bands for years, but that's the first time I've known there to be wrestling on one too. I'm imagining the bands involved will be Fozzy and whoever else Jericho is mates with.

Never heard of the WCW Bruise Cruise though, I remember seeing a video of a WCW match while Fear Factory were playing but I thought was just at some Spring Break somewhere

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Anybody hear/arsed about Blampied, Pacitti, King Ross and a couple more of those What Culture chaps leaving What Culture for some reason?

"It is with sadness that we must today announce that Adam Blampied, Adam Pacitti, Ross Tweddell, Sam Driver and Jack King will be leaving WhatCulture in the coming weeks to pursue other projects.

We'd like to thank them for their work over the past two years and wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

While we understand this news will disappoint a section of our audience, we'll be using this opportunity to diversify and expand the product as a whole.

We'll be introducing brand-new shows, brand-new personalities, and freshening up existing elements of all our channels. We look forward to sharing more announcements on this in the coming weeks."

Apparently they're naming a new WCPW GM at their next show next month.

I read that and I must admit WhatCulture is the one 'Indy' promotion that has escaped me mainly due to the reports of the fans at the events so I don't have the best knowledge of them but they seem to be quite popular among the WhatCulture faithful so it is a huge shake up for them. 

Am I correct in understanding the rumour going round is these guys will be presenting/involved with the dreaded 5* Wrestling..............?!?!