Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's not like the WWE constantly pin the companies turnaround in the 90's on an invasion skit or anything..

Also, did that actually do sweet FA for the company? It was shit.

EDIT: Oh, WWE had taken action against the Bucks before that?

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Gallows and Anderson Vs The Rock And Roll Express has been added to the Starrcade event.

What?! That had better surface on the Network!

WWE have pushed the Bucks on the "Too Sweet" gesture before - other than having the weight behind them to just put pressure on the Bucks and hope they'll cave, surely WWE don't have a leg to stand on? I doubt they've copyrighted it themselves, and Hall and Nash are on record (even on WWE programming) as saying they nicked it from somewhere else anyway.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Dart said:

The other way round I’d say.

Yep, think they pretty much confirmed it. Before the invasion, they listed all the things they have had taken (or attempted to take) away from them- including Suck It and Cody's surname.

raw-1366639851.jpg

The BBC should sue over Matt stealing Frank Spencer's expression too. WWE might have actually done the impossible and made me willingly watch another Young Bucks match, since it was their constant use of "Suck It" and "Too Sweet" that made me skip their matches in the first place. Call me old fashioned but I prefer matches where the crowd reaction is a bit more traditional than chanting "Suck It" 200 times.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tamura said:

raw-1366639851.jpg

The BBC should sue over Matt stealing Frank Spencer's expression too. WWE might have actually done the impossible and made me willingly watch another Young Bucks match, since it was their constant use of "Suck It" and "Too Sweet" that made me skip their matches in the first place. Call me old fashioned but I prefer matches where the crowd reaction is a bit more traditional than chanting "Suck It" 200 times.

Old fashioned git.

Besides, 90% of wrestling crowds now days are in it for themselves so shit chant smarks are the order of the day

There's an old adage about letting sleeping dogs lie, not poking a hornet's nest, not headbutting a Samoan etc...

Bravery beat stupidity in this one. Did the YBs really think that goading WWE to "do something" was going to turn out well?  Now their bluff has been called and they're getting all pissy about it. Trademark law aside, you stick your business in Vince's face, he's gonna bite.

• Paid Members

I believe they can tell you to stop doing the "Suck It" and "2 Sweet" catchphrases, but how can they implement a ban on doing hand gesture? Nobody owns that shit. Gene Simmons just the other month tried to do something similar with the Superfly hand gesture, and was laughed out. You cant own things like that. It'd be like trying to trademark being absolutely dull. Cody Rhodes may have perfected it, but he cant claim ownership of it.

WWE should have just let the Bucks get on with it. Chances are they'll end up there eventually anyway. Showing up outside WWE doing the DX gimmick is hardly the worst thing in the world.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I just can't believe the bullet club is still a thing when the most noteworthy person involved is apparently Cody Rhodes mincing about and trying so hard to look cool and not look a right nob it's painful at times when I have seen him. 

All the other cease & desist stuff was just story. Now they have an actual one will they make it story. If anything gives the Bucks a whole new range of shirts with the hands changed on them that fans will buy up to support. They won’t do too badly from it. Now they just need to find the guy in the bar in Germany that Bret copied it from originally and get his view on who owns it! 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

Didn't Jay Z and DDP have some legal battle over the diamond hand thing? Did that ever go anywhere?

Yep - settled out of court, but in DDP's favour, if I remember correctly.

They won't be able to stop the Bucks doing the hand gesture, I wouldn't have thought, but if WWE can prove ownership, they'd be able to stop them merchandising it - and it's all over their T-shirts and whatnot. But what would the logical outcome of that be? Bucks quickly sell of all existing shirts cheap, design a new one, all their fans buy that too.