Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I envisage PROGRESS will be looking at around 6-7000 next year at Wembley. I saw TNA there in 09 with a pretty stellar lineup of stars on show. Makes sense as a logical progression of venue choice. Would this show be advertised on radio and other forms, not sure if they cover this already in their business?

I'd find it hard to believe Bryan Danielson will make a guest appearance to compete a couple of days after his current contract expires, especially with affiliated ties ongoing. I wouldn't rule it out, a sensible deal might be struck, but he could just be brought in to make some comments and applaude the fans. Plenty of possibilities and star names filling that card up. 

Edited by undercover elephant

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don't think that counts for expired contracts only releases. I also think it's optional (or at least used to be) because back in the day Raven chose not to have his in order to create a bigger buzz showing up in TNA. 

So so crazy looking back that was actually a big deal at the time

If I remember correctly, Raven bought out his own contract to skirt the clause, rather than it being optional. WWE contracts are dodgy as fuck anyway, though - wasn't Lesnar's no compete clause originally something like 20 years before he challenged it in court, and Alberto Del Rio more or less ignored his after his first release and WWE never challenged it.

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

If I remember correctly, Raven bought out his own contract to skirt the clause, rather than it being optional. WWE contracts are dodgy as fuck anyway, though - wasn't Lesnar's no compete clause originally something like 20 years before he challenged it in court, and Alberto Del Rio more or less ignored his after his first release and WWE never challenged it.

Lesners no compete was up to 2010 when he originally left. got overturned in 2005

36 minutes ago, Louch said:

Is there anything linking d.bryan to this or this just look the dates are close? If anything his first match back I'd expect to be ROH 

I didn't read it anywhere, just assumed Progress would have something big planned for that kind of venue. I then checked when Bryan's contract is up and noticed it was two days before. Might just be a coincidence, or clever business because if the rumour does the rounds they might shift extra tickets from people hoping for a surprise appearance.

If the main event is advertised as a top heel facing a mystery opponent then people will draw their own conclusions. Would be good if they swerved everyone and got Batista instead 

On 11/09/2017 at 1:34 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

If the main event is advertised as a top heel facing a mystery opponent then people will draw their own conclusions. Would be good if they swerved everyone and got Batista instead 

Is Rey Mysterio available?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Is Rey Mysterio available?

As far as I know, yeah. He worked RevPro earlier in the year.

On Otto Wanz, Marty Jones has confirmed it on Facebook. Sad news, but he had a hell of a run, didn't he?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Seen a few people on Twitter reporting Otto Wanz has passed away. Not sure if it's legit.

Google Translate of this website suggest it is (but I can't verify the source as 100% accurate as I have zero knowledge of the site in question) 

http://diepresse.com/home/sport/mehrsport/5285356/WrestlingLegende-Otto-Wanz-ist-tot

Big Otto, the only wrestler I can think of sponsored by a fag company.

4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Seen a few people on Twitter reporting Otto Wanz has passed away. Not sure if it's legit.

Google Translate of this website suggest it is (but I can't verify the source as 100% accurate as I have zero knowledge of the site in question) 

http://diepresse.com/home/sport/mehrsport/5285356/WrestlingLegende-Otto-Wanz-ist-tot

May he RIP