Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

My random thought of the day is how much i hate the "in the ring introductions" for title bouts these days, watched Austin/Rock from Mania 17 earlier and they pretty much started beating the shit out if each other straight away, miss that now we have to have the long overdrawn introductions and a forced stare down before every big match.

• Paid Members

I think it depends on the match and the story. I think it works really well in NXT, where they dim the lights and spotlight the two wrestlers as they're announced - it looks awesome, and makes it stand out from a bog-standard match. There's obviously still a place for a match where they just start kicking seven shades out of each other before the announcer's finished saying their hometown, though.

ECW used to do in-ring introductions, didn't they?

I always liked it. Adds a layer of prestige to it. This is the top championship. Let's make it a big deal. Why not? Agree with NXT at and the lights. That's brilliant. Though just like main events at say, WrestleMania for example. Only in exceptional circumstances should it not be the Championship Match. For example. Rock v Cena: Once (Of Twice) In A Lifetime. Although, that made sense seeing how both entrances were bookended with a pair of live performances and it was almost an hour before they made them and the match started when you count Brodus Clay dancing with his Momma which was cooling things down after Punk v Jericho.

Can't do the link as I'm on my phone, but the Mirror have published an article about a new TV channel called FreeSports starting over here on Thursday.

Apprently aswell as all the football and other sports there is going to be a weekly live TV show from a Uk wrestling Promotion - they didn't name which one mind

Edited by Doog

• Paid Members

I'm expecting WCPW for this, if it truly is a live show, they set up all the infrastructure to go live weekly on YouTube until that whole thing with YouTube reducing the ad revenue for Wrestling. They're about the most TV ready from a production point of view also - the matches from their last World Cup Tapings all look superb. 

If it's not live, I suppose WAW or even a Fight Nation or even a company like PCW are possibilities. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I thought all TVs came with Freeview these days?

Yeah, but if you're on Virgin, you likely aren't going to have a separate DVR for your Freeview aerial, so you'd have to watch the show live like it's the 17th century.

• Paid Members
On 29/08/2017 at 7:36 PM, Doog said:

Apprently aswell as all the football and other sports there is going to be a weekly live TV show from a Uk wrestling Promotion - they didn't name which one mind

I might be reading too much into it, but PCW has favourited a tweet from FreeSports.