Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

IPW:UK have a lot to answer for, giving that nob an 'in' to the biz.

Probably an excuse to play the As Seen On TV card. Think they did air a match he did on a Where Are They Now episode after. Did he ever get around much after that?

On 22/08/2017 at 10:47 PM, TheBurningRed said:

Dana Brooke's boyfriend has died. She believes the cause of death was choking on food. 

It's come out now that he overdosed on Insulin.  Apparently it's an illegal technique in bodybuilding.

• Paid Members

Couldn't see it mentioned, but there's been a shitstorm brewing on my Twitter timeline all day, over a female wrestler called SexyStar.

Allegedly went into business for herself and intentionally arm-barred the fuck out of TNA's Rosemary at a show last night - 

May just be a massive work, I haven't watched the with audio which makes it hard to tell, but seen her condemned by a very wide demographic throughout the day.

12 hours ago, John Matrix said:

May just be a massive work, I haven't watched the with audio which makes it hard to tell, but seen her condemned by a very wide demographic throughout the day.

I haven't seen a great deal of Sexy Star but everything I've read and seen just suggests to me that she is the absolute fucking worst. Horrible combination of shite wrestler with an ego that keeps getting fed by the likes of Vampiro and others makes me think I'm not actually surprised that something like this happened. 

Edited by Daaaaaad!

Watched it live, and something seemed off. But then a lot of Triplemania seemed off. 

Seems to have been "confirmed" as a shoot by Rosemary, after a lot of pros (the likes of Joey Ryan, Gail Kim etc) had a go on Twitter.

I'm not going to get into it all, but personally, to go into business for yourself, at the biggest show of the year for AAA, is a real easy way to get blackballed. Chances are though, nothing will happen.

16 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Sexy Star is fucking useless so hopefully this leads to her being blackballed out the business. 

WrestleCade cancelled an upcoming appearance from her. I'd expect many others to follow suit in the coming days/weeks. I thought she'd retired. Didn't know she'd returned.

• Paid Members

Maybe it was a shoot but it looks fake as fuck to me that. The one who's doing the armbar isn't even putting proper pressure on the arm and the who's on the receiving end, the way she's moving just doesn't seem like she's in much pain or panicking like you would be in a shoot armbar. Her lower body is completely still and she doesn't seem to be particularly struggling to get out. 

I don't know, maybe it was a shoot and this SexyStar was genuinely trying to hurt her, but it looks fishy to me. 

It if it is a work then it's one of the most successful ones in recent memory, half of the business are talking about it on Twitter. I'm sure it was a ''shoot'' or whatever you want to call it, which will most likely be turned into an angle somewhere. I hadn't heard of either of them until about 2 days ago. 

Edited by Richard

• Paid Members

Yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from Wand. That's not what an armbar application looks like if you're legitimately trying to hurt someone and it's certainly not what an armbar defence looks like if you're legitimately at risk of having your shoulder popped out. Even if you're clueless, the instinct would be to turn your hips into the move and roll into the opponent to prevent the hyper-extension. 

It would seem a ridiculous thing to try to do as a work, but where Vampiro is involved I would not be surprised.