Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

On 09/09/2017 at 1:32 PM, PunkStep said:

They end up booking a shitload of imports anyway, don't they? So I'd imagine they just do the same this time, probably with even more imports. Most Americans won't care about 5 Star upsetting the BritWres scene if they're getting a good payday.

I think more (known) wrestlers will give this a swerve, TV or not. Whether due to TV/broadcast contracts elsewhere (though I think the WOS contracts may have ended by then?), how much they can make doing other, stable bookings or just because of the 5* experience so far. 

I think on that basis, you'll get less experienced or polished British and Irish wrestlers looking for a payday or their face on TV, who will be deemed unsuitable for significant shine. And and an (over) abundance of imports who will then be put over these wrestlers as they are 'more experienced' and 'the stars that sell the tickets'.

Edited by uklaw

I don't think that counts for expired contracts only releases. I also think it's optional (or at least used to be) because back in the day Raven chose not to have his in order to create a bigger buzz showing up in TNA. 

So so crazy looking back that was actually a big deal at the time

And I doubt Progress would book a wrestler WWE won't clear given their healthy working relationship with the company. That being said that's a huge statement from them, you would have to think they will be lending some WWE talent for the show, can't see it selling out, but anything over half full would be a massive achievement. 

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

And I doubt Progress would book a wrestler WWE won't clear given their healthy working relationship with the company. That being said that's a huge statement from them, you would have to think they will be lending some WWE talent for the show, can't see it selling out, but anything over half full would be a massive achievement. 

The working relationship adds a layer of confusion. Maybe WWE know that Bryan will wrestle after his contract expires and prefer he wrestled somewhere they have a relationship. Be better than him going somewhere random 

If icw can get 6k up here, can see progress being able to get similar in a London venue . Enough hype, get word out beyond their fan base, and encourage people to travel and it should do more than fine.