Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jonnybgoode82 said:

20 years today since One Night Only

A show I don't like because to me, it's the symbolic point where my favourite year in Wrestling falls off a cliff. The focus shifted to Michaels and DX and barring a few funny moments from their interaction with Slaughter and Austin stunning some non-wrestlers, the last quarter of the year was garbage. ONO itself is a good show, particularly the three big matches, with heat off the charts, but Bulldog dropping the Euro title to Shawn is the end of the Hart Foundation dominated TV and the start of the decline. Until Austin becomes amazing on the Road to WrestleMania.

4 hours ago, jonnybgoode82 said:

20 years today since One Night Only

Blimey! 20 years since Marc Wilson claimed he went a trip with Ticket Travel to the show, he (Undertaker fan) got into a scrap with someone (Bret Hart fan) behind the commentary table but it didn't get shown on TV because "they must have been showing video at that point"

My Godfather was actually at that show. He didn't realise obviously, you don't hear the commentary. He was on the hard cam side, so didn't see him on it. Just another reminder for me that 90s kids will no longer be kids by the end of the year. Which is crazy to think about.

• Paid Members

WWE’s sent out a survey for a, “a potential premium priced tier”. It seems to just be a questionnaire to gauge interest in TNA/GWF/Impact Wrestling content, and content from PROGRESS, ICW et al.

EDIT: Apologies. Just seen this is being discussed onwards from here. My bad!

Edited by Your Fight Site
Apology

At the end of the day fair play to both Maria and Mike. A level of job security to start a family and is also building his name to your more casual wrestling fan for when he is back on the indies. Already had a decent rep in ROH and TNA so would no doubt do a good job back out on the road with some added bookings from the companies that like to have a WWE name attached to their poster. 

Always seems like a decent fella too so hopefully after a period of toughness he gets back on his feet.