Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Massive shame if true. He and the Usos have been probably the best acts on the roster for the last year. I wonder if like Austin Aries he didn't want to be pigeon-holed into 205 Live and creative had nothing for him going forward on Raw/Smackdown. I'm sure he could make some good money on the indies mind 

• Paid Members

Yeah I can't see him having any issues with booking and making money. If it is true, what name does he go by... I'd guess back to PAC, or does he change it up?

Anyway, I'm gutted about this (if he's done). If he has walked out due to being under utilised, could this also send a message out to other people in NXT? Personally, I thought of the ones who have been bumped up from NXT, he'd be one that they would make use of, especially with how long he's been there and the graft he's put in to developing a solid character, easily could have seen him really prominent on the IC scene. 

If nothing else it's worth bearing in mind he's had worldwide exposure, including toys etc and has crafted a persona. He went from a local hero, to UK stand out star, to a Gaijin superstar and has now become a wrestling fan household name (to an extent) in the space of about 10 years, pretty incredible really. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

If not PAC, he could always use variation of the gimmick name and his real name - Benjamin Neville, or somesuch, as it'd likely be an easier sell for "As Seen On TV" posters than "PAC".

He's still somehow only 31, and coming off the best run of his career, so he could gladly go and work anywhere now, and charge a hefty fee for it. At his level, it can work out (in the short-term, at least) more financially viable not being in WWE than working there, if you play your cards right. He could easily making a killing splitting his time between UK indies, the PWG-types in the US, and freelancing in Japan.

Apart from due to his injury last year, I am surprised they never gave him a crack at the IC/US title and at least a short run. His best work in WWE was definitely his cruiser-weight stuff though, shame he didn't get the chance to move it on up to a division with a few more interesting characters. 

I expect he has plenty of people to talk to on the outside of WWE about paydays, opportunities, dream matches etc, he's probably been considering this move for some time at least in the back of his mind. 

• Paid Members

We got to chat to Neville a bit at the round table interview promoting the WWE UK Tournament launch last December, just before he came back and attacked Rich Swann, and he sounded like he wanted to do more than he had been up to that point, and there was definitely more than a hint of frustration about him (he even mentioned not wanting to be a Cruiserweight when asked directly about it, but that might have been him bullshitting as he was about to do a surprise return as a cruiser a few days later).

He got asked about Japan a couple of times and his face lit up when he talked about it, so I do wonder if that is something he wants to go back to. He could earn good money in Japan and have way fewer days on the road, so if he's not earning great money now I could totally understand him wanting to leave. 

Cody Rhodes is apparently earning significantly more now than he ever did in WWE, and Neville is miles better than Cody, so it might not be the worst move in the world at all. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Cody Rhodes is apparently earning significantly more now than he ever did in WWE, and Neville is miles better than Cody, so it might not be the worst move in the world at all. 

Neville doesn't have a big family name or a global network of wankers pretending he's a thousand times better than he is though.

• Paid Members
Just now, air_raid said:

Neville doesn't have a big family name or a global network of wankers pretending he's a thousand times better than he is though.

This is true, he doesn't have Rhodes name value or his supporters (Rhodes has always been pretty terrible as far as I'm concerned, never seen anything there), but he surely has a big enough following to earn some very decent coin, especially having already had a reasonably notable run in Japan pre-WWE. 

• Paid Members

He tweeted a couple of weeks ago about how shit his own WWE tshirt was. If it is all true it must be the most frustrating thing in the world to be doing some of your best work to total apathy from the company.

5 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Young Bucks have started trolling completely about it by tweeting him a Bullet Club t shirt. I would love to see him in the Bullet Club though. 

That would be a bigger waste of his talents than 205 Live ever could be tbh