Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

If it's true that it's about money, and Meltzer's reporting that there are more people discussing leaving, do we think this could be down to reduced royalties from the Network vs. traditionalĀ PPVs?

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

If it's true that it's about money, and Meltzer's reporting that there are more people discussing leaving, do we think this could be down to reduced royalties from the Network vs. traditionalĀ PPVs?

Depends, it's not all so simple. I do think that so many making a good living on the indies/Japan has made some a bit more brave. For the longest time, it was WWE or scrape by hoping WWE calls again.

I think with the likes of Neville and Aries, they've become hyper-aware of the road their career is going down. It's commendable they are driven enough to not just sit about, as they value their talents - and in the case of Aries and Neville, they are two of the better pr-wrestlers on the roster.

• Paid Members

You don't know what she was promised - creatively or financially - or how many times she's been fucked around with matches being changed, shortened, or cut altogether. There are plenty of ways to be "frustrated with creative" that aren't, "thinking you're the dog's bollocks".

And, like Ralphy said, she was a reasonably successful model. With the added exposure of having been in WWE, she may well be able to go back to that and make more money than she's making in WWE, without the schedule or the wear and tear.

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Hard to say, but i bet its at least some of the guys from 205 live, They have no merch, dont work ppvs much and probably dont have big contracts to begin with. Do they work house shows?Ā 

If a wwe superstar gets injured, am i right or wrong in thinking that they still are guaranteed to be paid the downside guarantee?Ā 

If so, then its a brave decision as that aint happening on the indys, though i am not sure how it would work should they obtain a TNA, ROH or NJPW contractĀ 

They do house shows. Enzo v Neville was billed for the Raw Tour in a couple of weeks, but I guess he'll likely be replaced by Kalisto. Seem to be cursed not to see NevilleĀ as he was billed last time I did a house show but then he injured his ankle in that match with Jericho where he shouted at the ref who didn't seem to spot it. And even when they do PPV, it's a Kickoff match most of the time. Be it for the title or a throwaway tag match. A look on CageMatch showed 6 Cruiserweight matches since HIAC last year (Alexander, Dorado & Sin Cara v Daivari, Gulak & Nese)Ā I think Neville was the shot in the arm 205 Live needed, but does it seem every UK guy they have do at least one heel run? I can't think if they ever had aĀ single Brit who was a consistent face in their time there.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, D@mm said:

It's a shame there aint a big number 2 company that can snap up Neville and push him properly, I miss the days of of the Monday Night Wars where a guy turns up on a different show out of nowhere.

How many of these were there, where people turned up out of nowhere in truth?Ā 

Luger, Hall, Nash, Jericho (if you discount the countdown clock) & Mike Awesome. Anyone I'm forgetting? Bossman? Big Show?Ā 

No one gave a ha'penny jizz for some of these though did they?

Ā 

Yeah I was thinking the same as well, the internet wasn't that big back then, too many people know too much stuff these days, shame really as it would be more exciting if you didn't know everything that is going to happen.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Luger, Hall, Nash, Jericho (if you discount the countdown clock) & Mike Awesome. Anyone I'm forgetting? Bossman? Big Show?

Ā 

Rude appearing on both shows in the same night was pretty surprising!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere [had a quick look and can't see it] but it seems ICW wrestler Lionheart has made a few headlines after chucking a glass of water over some lass who won the EuroMillions. I expect we may see her in ICW shortly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5000064/Wrestler-throws-glass-water-EuroMillions-winner.html