Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Uti killed his wife you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

Hmmmmm........

:laugh:

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I was reading about this yesterday. I mean, it's a good thing and all, but...he's coming off as a bit of an attention seeker in my view. I'm going by his Facebook post and tweets btw. Don't like the fact he posted an image of the person's face either.

If you do a good deed, fantastic. Not a fan of the same person feeling the need to tell everyone about it. If somebody else were to post this and bring it to the attention of the world, then that's different. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

Edited by PunkStep

2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I was reading about this yesterday. I mean, it's a good thing and all, but...he's coming off as a bit of an attention seeker in my view. I'm going by his Facebook post and tweets btw. Don't like the fact he posted an image of the person's face either.

If you do a good deed, fantastic. Not a fan of the same person feeling the need to tell everyone about it. If somebody else were to post this and bring it to the attention of the world, then that's different. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

Nope I agree. He's been retweeting about it non-stop since it happened.

To be fair, The Rock did the same thing after he saved a dog from drowning. Okay, maybe not quite the same scenario, but they're in the business of attention seeking. He'll get bookings from this publicity, so he'll milk it for all it's worth.

Glad I am not the only one who found it a bit of an uneasy read. It's obviously fantastic that he helped save her but not sure why he did not cover the lady's face in the image and why he had to say 'she was not a small girl' . Seems more worried about getting it out on social media than taking the time to think about someones feelings who is already extremely fragile. 

I agree with PunkStep that a good deed does not need to be told to everyone. If others want to praise the person and bring it to others attention then fine but not one for having someone bring adulation on themselves. 

• Paid Members

What’s odd is, he could surely have a word with a couple of people he knows and say what happened, get them to tweet, retweet, share on his wall etc etc. It would gain the same effect while not openly looking like an attention seeker. It’s basic PR, it’s the equivalent of getting your mates to leave you positive online reviews for your tattoo parlour (and/or other business).

Speaking of good deeds, one of the Young Bucks was asked to retweet a guy's go fund me thingy for a bathchair for his disabled son, He did retweet it, but after he had shelled out $210 of his own so the target was reached.