Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

18 hours ago, Tommy! said:

How many of these were there, where people turned up out of nowhere in truth? 

Luger, Hall, Nash, Jericho (if you discount the countdown clock) & Mike Awesome. Anyone I'm forgetting? Bossman? Big Show? 

No one gave a ha'penny jizz for some of these though did they?

Haku at #29 in the 2001 Royal Rumble is one out of leftfield

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Rude appearing on both shows in the same night was pretty surprising!

I'd forgotten all about him.

For people at the time how big a deal was that. It's been mythologised by WWE narrative, but he was a non wrestler standing in the background for both sides either side of this. Was it really a big deal then, I assume so but would be interested to get someone's opinion. 

• Paid Members
On 19/10/2017 at 11:46 AM, Ralphy said:

Hard to say, but i bet its at least some of the guys from 205 live, They have no merch, dont work ppvs much and probably dont have big contracts to begin with. Do they work house shows? 

If a wwe superstar gets injured, am i right or wrong in thinking that they still are guaranteed to be paid the downside guarantee? 

If so, then its a brave decision as that aint happening on the indys, though i am not sure how it would work should they obtain a TNA, ROH or NJPW contract 

Yes. They still get the downside guarantee. 

Is that Kevin Nash I see in the ad for new sitcom Living the Dream on Sky One which is due to be broadcast in November?
Apparently it is.
Apologies if this is common knowledge but I had no clue.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-23/philip-glenister-and-lesley-sharp-are-brits-abroad-in-skys-new-florida-comedy-living-the-dream/

• Paid Members

"... when she died and all of that".

Besides the thorough analysis of her death, he hasn't been charged yet, the investigation may prove his innocence. He may be innocent, I mean he did seek spiritual guidance instead of taking her to a hospital.

Not looking great though is it.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I don't care what the evidence points to but if any of you honestly think Uti killed his wife you're morons. Someone's name is being heavily tarnished here with Sheriff's Department ineptitude.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Is that Kevin Nash I see in the ad for new sitcom Living the Dream on Sky One which is due to be broadcast in November?
Apparently it is.
Apologies if this is common knowledge but I had no clue.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-23/philip-glenister-and-lesley-sharp-are-brits-abroad-in-skys-new-florida-comedy-living-the-dream/

that caught my eye briefly last night, i thought it was someone who looked like Nash.

Hard to know if Jericho is serious or not. He genuinely has a supersized ego but he's also known to troll.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/various-news-chris-jericho-kenny-omega-trade-barbs-twitter-five-things-know-asuka/

FWIW I would place Jericho well below Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair and Savage and a ways below HBK, HHH, Angle, Undertaker and Sting again.