Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I dunno. With Omega and Cody in the Heavyweight division and only really Marty representing them in the Juniors, he could easily come in as the head Junior for them. Matches with Will Ospreay, Kushida, Takahashi and the likes would be great, not to mention he'd probably end up doing a lot of ROH and PWG dates as part of it. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

. If it is true, what name does he go by... I'd guess back to PAC, or does he change it up?

I'd like to see him work the first glut of indy shows as mighty mouse, just to observe the resulting internal conflict of some fans. 

Bruce Prichard always says on his podcast that Vince doesnt like unhappy workers and if talent request their release he grants it.
I cant see it being any different here.

Neville has been on a career best in terms of character development this year and has had some great matches too.
I can see him not being happy to be confined to WWE Network territory on 205 Live. 

Good for him if he is unhappy and wants a change. Hopefully they let him go, he makes a killing on the indies/

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

He shouldn't be fucking around with juniors at this point, he's so much better than that.

While I agree if he goes to Japan I'd be surprised to see him get a chance with the Heavyweights. He's what 5 foot 8 or 9, for a place like Japan that still uses the whole Young Boy concept and the King's Road style presenting as a legit competition style Neville being some 7 or 8 inches shorter than the likes of Okada and near 3 stone lighter doesn't seem like they'd take the punt on making him look a legitimate threat against their bigger guys. 

I really believe Neville has all the talent in the world and would do great on the indys and in Japan as King of the Juniors but hed never be more than middle ground as a Heavyweight there. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

While I agree if he goes to Japan I'd be surprised to see him get a chance with the Heavyweights. He's what 5 foot 8 or 9, for a place like Japan that still uses the whole Young Boy concept and the King's Road style presenting as a legit competition style Neville being some 7 or 8 inches shorter than the likes of Okada and near 3 stone lighter doesn't seem like they'd take the punt on making him look a legitimate threat against their bigger guys. 

I really believe Neville has all the talent in the world and would do great on the indys and in Japan as King of the Juniors but hed never be more than middle ground as a Heavyweight there. 

King's Road is All-Japan (well, it was before Mutoh), and NOAH. NJPW is Strong Style. Also, the "Young Boy" thing wouldn't apply to him, as he's already got quite a lot of experience, and has worked as a prominent roster member in the big leagues. He wouldn't be subordinate to anyone.

But according to a lot of reports he really enjoyed his time in DragonGate, so I think he'd be aiming to go there, especially as their roster is predominantly juniors with a few HWs thrown in. He pretty much honed his high-flying sprint style in DG, with their ramped-up lucharesu and llave styles.

The more I think about it, I reckon he'd be looking to roam between DG and NJPW, if possible.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

The young boy thing was me trying to explain badly that if a youngster isn't expected to beat a vet then surely a junior of his size wouldn't beat a Heavyweight. It was really badly explained by me. 

As for the King's Road thing that was just a complete fuck up on my part. 

I also forgot DG existed. Today's not going well. 

Jimmy Jacobs has been released, Meltzer saying its due to him posting a photo up a few weeks ago with the Bullet Club lads after they’re mini invasion of Raw

Quite harsh considering Styles, Owens and Zayn have been on Being The Elite.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Jacobs is far more disposable than the others and did it at a considerably worse time. 

And even hashtagging in shit like #BCinvadeRaw or something. An overreaction sure, but a bit silly on his part as he will know how precious WWE can be.

Yea wwe don't like competition.

I'm not a fan of the Young Bucks but respect them for finding a way to market themselves and make money from wrestling without having to go to the wwe.

I'm pretty sure you cant copyright a catchphrase. I think Taylor Swift tried but failed.