Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I didn’t mind The Flash, it’s got some really fun scenes and cameos. Not anywhere amongst the worst films I’ve seen this year, just also not one of the best I’ve seen. Ezra Miller was pretty good in it, shame they’re an absolute nut job of a person in reality.

Finally got to see Spiderverse the other day, what a fantastic film and fully lived up to the hype. I personally enjoyed it even more than the first one, they’ve built it up perfectly for the next film. 9 months to go.

• Paid Members

I wondered why it was so slow until the end, when it made sense. Looking forward to the return of Nicolas Cage in the next one. I half expectedDaniel Christopher Daniel Barnes to be one of the other Spider-Mans. I'm sure the character is in there, but I was hoping he'd get some lines, or Dan Gilvezan.

Corenswet has the look, I've never seen him in anything but the fact they've cast Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane is about as perfect a choice as they could make.

They've got a nigh on impossible task with this though. The hardcore Snyder incels are gonna piss on anything they do sight unseen and the general audience are either tiring of the Superhero genre as a whole or have lost faith in DC as a brand because of the Snyder nonsense.

If you can judge a project on it's early decisions though, that's a winner!

2 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

They've got a nigh on impossible task with this though. The hardcore Snyder incels are gonna piss on anything they do sight unseen and the general audience are either tiring of the Superhero genre as a whole or have lost faith in DC as a brand because of the Snyder nonsense.

I’d definitely count myself in that. I’m not sure when it happened for me - it’s definitely a recent thing - but I definitely feel like most superhero films have settled into a pattern of sameness in terms of tone and dialogue. The MCU is lacking a in big name heroes right now; perhaps I’ll feel differently once the Fantastic 4 and X-Men become established forces. I quite liked when DCU was doing separate, very different projects such as Joker, The Suicide Squad, The Batman, Aquaman and Shazam, and I think I might be more inclined to enjoy a non-shared universe for a change. 

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

He looks like he was grown in a Hollywood laboratory to be the most generic but attractive looking actor.

I thought the same of Chris Evans and was actually pleasantly surprised by him.  That said, I have zero enthusiasm for the new Superman and this casting has taken me in to minus enthusiasm.

The casting has never been a problem for me. It's always been about what they do with the movie. Man Of Steel for example - fucking love Henry and the trailers were absolutely glorious. But the movie itself was okay if you like a lot of buildings being smashed. And then they just never built on what they had with Henry. So they can have all the talent in the world but it's really do they know how to make a decent Superman movie? Time will tell.

• Paid Members

Castings mean nothing, Affleck as batman took a hell of a slating at the time then knocked it out the park. 

Its going to come down to how Gunn wants to play it.  Admittedly ive only ever seen GOTG and his SS and the peacemaker spin off his "wacky" humor works fine when hes dealing with a talking raccoon and weasel. Even then peacemaker was a bit to far for me to enjoy. 

That kind of movie with superman? Guess we will see.  

I actually enjoyed the flash. I wonder if we will ever see the 3 different endings they filmed then scrapped?

Edited by quote the raven

Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane is about as perfect a casting as you cant get.

I saw Gunn interviewed recently and he basically said they're going to do less movies and concentrate on them being actually good. I just hope he makes a fun SUPERMAN movie that makes me like the main character. SUPERMAN is interesting in the right hands