Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

All-Star Superman has been on my reading backlog for some time. I should get back on Comixology and actually read it.

I will, of course, be avoiding All-Star Batman.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is that the Grant Morrison one? I'm sure I remember it getting mixed reviews but I have a friend who absolutely adores Superman and she has it as her top comic, I'll get around to reading it soon myself

There's always mixed reviews with Morrison, especially when it comes out month-by-month (or every-few-months-by-every-few-months as was more the case). Even compared to most of his stuff, it takes time to become clear what the overall shape of All Star Superman is. It was a less satisfying read in that format than it is collected, where you're not waiting and trying to figure it out for months at a time. It was actually much more simple than appeared at times, and the overall shape of the thing ended up being one people went back to a lot.

So yeah, it's superb. As is Final Crisis, btw. When Morrison is on form, they're amazing.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

You seem to be mixing opinions and statements of fact up again.

or it could be people mixing up two films with identical titles with the general consensus that one is awful and the other much fondly regarded. IF @SuperBacon is indeed talking about James Gunn's one, then yes that would be just his opinion and a wrong one at that, but I digress

• Paid Members
On 6/30/2023 at 1:34 PM, Carbomb said:

All-Star Superman has been on my reading backlog for some time. I should get back on Comixology and actually read it.

I will, of course, be avoiding All-Star Batman.

Do it. All-Star Superman is top tier Supes. Highly recommended I think I like it more than Kingdom Come even.

Saw the Spiderverse discussion a few pages back. Just back from seeing it with my 7 year old. Miserable sod time for me, but though overall it was shite. Now I know it's clear going in that it's a "multiverse" movie, which they all seem to be these days, but I'm so sick of them, just do a superhero movie with your character. Every movie seems to have every 'Superman' or every 'Flash' or 'Batman'. The animation is certainly different but it started giving me a sore head. The boy couldn't follow it and basically made up his own story. Think he was maybe a bit too young whereas I was too old and miserable. Also I thought the ending was a slap in the face conclusion for a kids movie. Feel free to all call me miserable but I've already done so twice so way ahead of you, thumbs down from me đź‘Ž

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

Feel free to all call me miserable but I've already done so twice so way ahead of you, thumbs down from me đź‘Ž

You're miserable. 

I can understand why some people might not like it, but I think that this film is peak multiverse and makes all the others they've tried look very dull. The animation style will influence films for years to come. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Thanks pal.

I hope not.

It is. See The Mitchels vs the Machines or the soon to be released Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem.

Also you’re not miserable. Just a massive fun sponge.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It is. See The Mitchels vs the Machines or the soon to be released Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem.

Also you’re miserable. Just a massive fun sponge.

I'm actually really, really, really fun. I can do the hoola hoop, strip off and rap the rap from Maniac Cop 2 all at the same time. It's my go-to party piece. On top of that I make a great version of the cocktail 'Rat Fuck', if you love cherry cocktails you'd be in heaven. Totally recommend. 

As for the animation, I felt like I'd walked into a 3D movie but forgot the specs. My eyes were hurting at the start but half way through the migraine came on. It was agony. Luckily the boy needed the toilet at that point so we headed out and I splashed water in my face/eyes and it made a difference. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Saw the Spiderverse discussion a few pages back. Just back from seeing it with my 7 year old. Miserable sod time for me, but though overall it was shite. Now I know it's clear going in that it's a "multiverse" movie, which they all seem to be these days, but I'm so sick of them, just do a superhero movie with your character. Every movie seems to have every 'Superman' or every 'Flash' or 'Batman'. The animation is certainly different but it started giving me a sore head. The boy couldn't follow it and basically made up his own story. Think he was maybe a bit too young whereas I was too old and miserable. Also I thought the ending was a slap in the face conclusion for a kids movie. Feel free to all call me miserable but I've already done so twice so way ahead of you, thumbs down from me đź‘Ž

You absolutely know that these movies aren't for kids, I mean sure some kids will enioy them, but comic book movies are made for comic book fans. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I'm actually really, really, really fun. I can do the hoola hoop, strip off and rap the rap from Maniac Cop 2 all at the same time. It's my go-to party piece. On top of that I make a great version of the cocktail 'Rat Fuck', if you love cherry cocktails you'd be in heaven. Totally recommend. 

As for the animation, I felt like I'd walked into a 3D movie but forgot the specs. My eyes were hurting at the start but half way through the migraine came on. It was agony. Luckily the boy needed the toilet at that point so we headed out and I splashed water in my face/eyes and it made a difference. 

Had you not seen the first one?

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You absolutely know that these movies aren't for kids, I mean sure some kids will enioy them, but comic book movies are made for comic book fans. 

bUt AnIMaTiOn Is FoR kIdS 

EF26B863-9B7C-439A-BBD6-58679F1FCB5C.jpeg.d48d4b6c9f1d972dd85418ae35d3ac02.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Had you not seen the first one?

No man.

16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

No I didn't know this.

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

bUt AnIMaTiOn Is FoR kIdS 

EF26B863-9B7C-439A-BBD6-58679F1FCB5C.jpeg.d48d4b6c9f1d972dd85418ae35d3ac02.jpeg

Not true at all. Take SpongeBob, fun for all the family. I can also do the Goofy Goober song whilst doing my hoola hoop/ striptease routine, tbh as you'd imagine the song is pretty interchangeable as long as it's one I know the words of.

Edited by LEGIT