Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

The first one was very much a "fuck it, I've got some spare time, let's see what this is" type deal for me where I ended up coming out feeling like I'd had one of the best cinematic experiences of my life.

So definitely got high hopes for the second one once I get round to seeing it. It won't have that unexpected feeling/experience but I'm certain I'll enjoy it just as much.

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

Saw SPider-Verse 2 tonight and it's so, so good. Not as breathtaking as the first, because you know what you're in for, but still an absolute delight to watch. A creative team that, as a package, feels like it's firing on all cylinders and nailing stakes, quippy comedy, and visuals in a way that should make the people in charge of shitting out these MCU movies ashamed. Definitely some recency bias having just got in from my first cinema experience this year, but it's so good to see a fun movie with characters from my childhood again.

Someone I grew up with worked on the soundtrack to this, and the first one.

Basically any time you hear scratching in the soundtrack that is DJ Blakey.

Taught him everything he knows :)

Excited to see it.

• Paid Members

I'll get you, Butler. Get you on that dance floor with these banging tunes! 

• Paid Members

Just watched Spiderverse in IMAX and it's just fantastic. The love and style that goes into every frame is just lightyears ahead of everything Disney is doing in its cookie cutter animation at the moment (the trailer for elemental played before and even Pixar films feel like a parody of themselves now) , the script is solid, the performances are great and it's a love letter to comic book nonsense. All the stars! 

I'm very, very late on this one but just watched Quantumania. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags in case anyone still wants to watch it.

Spoiler

It's like a shit Star Wars isn't it? M.O.D.O.R.K reminded me of the Gamesmaster. 

I'll be back in 10 months to review GOTG3.

Across the Spiderverse is so good it deserves to go in the proper films thread. To take such a tired franchise and make two of the most creative innovative and gripping films at this stage of the game is testament to how good these guys are. 

The biggest compliment I can give it is that I was a bit down on the long run time going in and was a bit fuming it wasn’t longer coming out. Another perfect film.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Are we at least gonna get an old man Keaton Batman film off the back of it?

From what I’ve read elsewhere, had The Flash been a success, which apparently isn’t the case, there was a Batman Beyond film in the pipeline. That doesn’t appear to be happening now due to the box office of The Flash and with whatever James Gunn has in mind.

Thanks for the input though @BigJag and @TheScarlettChad

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Spider-verse was great. I did wonder why it was so slow, but it made sense by the end. Some great cameos as well from other Spider-folks. Apparently there were over 250 alternate spider-men, women and others. 

I'm possibly seeing Flash on Thursday morning, I hear there are some good cameos in that as well.