WWE to Netflix, Network presumably doomed

Infinity Land

35 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I was actually listening back to the lostprophets not that long ago showing my partner their stuff. I was also having a enjoyable and interesting conversation with a friend about not completely erasing a band's material because of the actions of one member because a band and music is so much more than just one element. The rest of the band in lostprophets are so so talented and the music they created was so groundbreaking and doesn't deserve to be erased and removed from the world.

Nah, once someone’s done for fiddling kids that act is done. Thats not to say the rest of the band shouldn’t be allowed to earn a living in music doing something else, but no, consequences of actions and all that.

Anyway, back to WWE…

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Lostprophets weren't ground-breaking, they were mediocre musical windsocks who went with whatever trend was going at the time. Absolute shite. I do feel bad for the other musicians, but let's not over-egg the pudding just because of how evil Watkins is.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I was actually listening back to the lostprophets not that long ago showing my partner their stuff. I was also having a enjoyable and interesting conversation with a friend about not completely erasing a band's material because of the actions of one member because a band and music is so much more than just one element. The rest of the band in lostprophets are so so talented and the music they created was so groundbreaking and doesn't deserve to be erased and removed from the world.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Same goes for The Glitter Band. 

• Paid Members

Who knows what the future holds, there are other NDAs out there (this one with Janel Grant is $3m and there’s another one for over $7m!) and I dread to think what horrifying things could still come out.

I would be surprised if the classic content disappears but never say never. The old tape trading board powerbomb.org might make a comeback! 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Lostprophets weren't ground-breaking, they were mediocre musical windsocks who went with whatever trend was going at the time. Absolute shite. I do feel bad for the other musicians, but let's not over-egg the pudding just because of how evil Watkins is.

I’m sure someone could play one I maybe know but I genuinely couldn’t name a single song of theirs.

• Paid Members

at least the Glitter Band had a decent Luke Haines song lamenting how the rest of them suffered because of Gary's actions.

Lostprophets were always shit, and WWE are well-practiced enough by now at not mentioning or airing footage of someone if they're on the outs - they'd write you out of history for signing with a different company, once upon a time. The only question is how they approach things in the archive, but that will be Netflix's problem soon enough.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The rest of the band in lostprophets are so so talented and the music they created was so groundbreaking and doesn't deserve to be erased and removed from the world.

By all means feel free to say you liked their music but describing them as groundbreaking is just your usual voyage into borderline psychotic hyperbole.

42 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

at least the Glitter Band had a decent Luke Haines song lamenting how the rest of them suffered because of Gary's actions.

Lostprophets were always shit, and WWE are well-practiced enough by now at not mentioning or airing footage of someone if they're on the outs - they'd write you out of history for signing with a different company, once upon a time. The only question is how they approach things in the archive, but that will be Netflix's problem soon enough.

@BomberPat That song, and the whole album it's from is fantastic, Luke Haines is superb.

Lostprophets were, and always will be, absolutely shite.

Edited by digitalversicolor

16 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

There's only one Wrestlemania where he doesn't feature and he's all over a lot of them

Not being argumentative or contradictory here, more curious that my ageing brain might be missing something but did he feature at all on Manias 4-9? Commentary certainly not and I thought 3 was the last time he did the intro of “America the Beautiful”.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

Not being argumentative or contradictory here, more curious that my ageing brain might be missing something but did he feature at all on Manias 4-9? Commentary certainly not and I thought 3 was the last time he did the intro of “America the Beautiful”.

I think we might be including flashback commentary/voiceovers. Everywhere there's a build up video featuring something that happened on Superstars, every open where he growls with excitement about "The Ultimate Challenge" on VI, "It's a DOUBLE main event! It's WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" on VIII etc. He's present in some form on all the broadcasts even if you don't see his face.

Unless it goes criminal, I’d suggest they’ll write him out to the extent of not mentioning him and actively going out their way not to show him but as far as the archive goes it’ll be left as is. Civil judgements have a way of being overlooked due to the balance of probabilities rather than beyond all doubt nature of them (I assume this is similar in US and why people go down this route so often). Wrong in itself I know but a man is running for president after being found to have sexually assaulted someone in a civil lawsuit.