Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
47 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Any time somebody says it's not about right and left and they need to appeal to the centre, they're about to say the most right-wing thing imaginable. 

Yeah generally when someone says they're a centrist they are either secretly right wing or oblivious that they are right wing.

Posted
On 5/19/2026 at 6:57 PM, Jazzy G said:

 Katie Hopkins is doing a thing on North Pier in July as well. 

 

PXL_20260518_184707984.jpg

Christ. Not again. Guessing the Katie Hopkins one person show in Blackpool is now an annual event.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

He came across appallingly last night on Question Time and it was brilliant how they kept cutting to all the women in the audience disapprovingly shaking their heads while he was giving his response.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

He came across appallingly last night on Question Time and it was brilliant how they kept cutting to all the women in the audience disapprovingly shaking their heads while he was giving his response.

I enjoyed the bit where he said Reform would get 30,000 more police officers on the street then when asked where they would get them from, replied 'that’s up to whoever is in charge of recruiting them'.

An absolute thick as pigshit plank and a complete cunt to boot. 

  • Members
Posted

One thing I always think about when I watch Question Time, apart from how dreadful Fiona Bruce is, is just how embarrassing it must be as an audience member to receive no applause when you make a point or ask a question. I'd just walk out if it happened to me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

So we're finally there. What people were afraid of, and what this country's spineless or bought legacy media refused to address or, at worst, encouraged, has come to pass.

 

If there's anyone on here in NI, I really hope you and yours are OK.

Posted

The scenes from Belfast are truly terrifying. It feels like some kind of dystopian world and I can't believe this is where we are in 2026.

I echo what @Carbombsaid, if we have anyone from NI or with family in NI here, I'm hoping you are all safe and well

  • Paid Members
Posted

John Healey the Defence Secretary has resigned. There is virtually no way out for Starmer when the defence secretary resigns over funding and says that the funding would leave British forces underprepared. The main problem for Starmer is that its true. 

Posted

Armed Forces Minister Al Carns has resigned too. He was being mentioned recently as a potential stalking horse for a leadership challenge, coincidence with just a week until Burnham returns to the Commons?

Posted

The scenes in Belfast were very much predictable, everyone knew it was going to kick off despite the politicians of all parties appealing for calm in the afternoon. Same thing happened just under a year ago in Ballymena, two teenage Roma people were accused of raping a girl, suddenly all non-white people were targets of the mob. The history of racism in Ireland is full of people being burnt out of their homes, which is why there's an excellent book that covers it.

spacer.png

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ban on "social media" for under 16s including YouTube? Seems a bit much. I can see it getting shut down by either the lords or a motion of parliament before it's supposed to happen. 

  • Members
Posted

I'd be quite happy for them to ban absolute shite like TikTok for U16s. It's a disgusting app that promotes nothing but pure misery and depression. 

But for the rest they really should be asking the tech companies to regulate their platforms...ok I'll stop there as I'm starting to laugh myself.

Banning YouTube is mental though. That'll be the YouTube that has just been really handy and helpful alongside a whole host of other tools for my eldest in revising for her GCSEs? 

They're not using my account ffs, they'll mess up my dull algorithm. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...