Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 8 minutes ago, deathrey said: The thing here is, it's not just the Right that hate him. Many intelligent, realistic left wing voters are disappointed in him and his actions. I'm very left wing but not an idiot so didn't expect changes overnight, and whilst yes he has done some decent things, there are far too many areas where they are not listening to voters and way off the mark. The economy is stable but cost of living is though the roof - they took away pensioners heating allowances, a huge mistake, the current SEND white paper that they are blindly pushing through has not addresses the concerns of parents or schools - no one is happy with it and they refuse to hear it. They have been in power nearly 2 years now and changes have been too slow and too little. Record numbers of young people are unemployed, something I know can't be fixed overnight but what are they doing to help? Their changes in immigration are pandering to the right who still aren't happy and have pissed off the left wing voters because they are unfair and unjust. Starmer has been weak and ineffective, he has tried to keep everyone happy and as a result no one is happy. He needs conviction and direction and is sorely lacking in both. The only thing he has conviction about is his seat at No.10. Spot on. Let down everyone who voted for him, not just those who think Jeremy Corbyn is a bit of a tory. Quote
deathrey Posted June 19 Posted June 19 @Carbomb said it better than me, I agree with everything he's said Quote
Paid Members Chilly McFreeze Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 46 minutes ago, Carbomb said: The "Island of Strangers" speech will go down as one of the most infamous acts of betrayal in Labour's history. Yeah this is what did it for me. Absolutely unforgivable to lean into that kind of rhetoric. And his pathetic excuse of 'I didn't read it first' made it worse. Absolutely spineless shit. The problem with Starmer is he lives and dies by Legality and process. If there's a law (i.e the illegal Iran War) he speaks with conviction and can be decisive in say ruling us out of joining in, but if it's a moral argument (hiring Mandelson) he has nothing to fall back on. No idealogical core to hang his decisions off. So he defers to other people and ends up pissing everyone off. The sooner he get's fucked the better, and thank god it'll be 3 years from the next Election via a byelection that has Farage and co with their tail between their legs. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 19 Members Posted June 19 It's quite funny that both sides of the political spectrum dislike Starmer for different reasons. I'll assume (maybe unfairly) that England fans singing "Keir Starmers a wanker" aren't doing so because he's not left enough. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 19 Posted June 19 Not someone defending Keir Starmer the genocide enabler. And fuck Andy Burnham too. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 Reports floating that Starmer is stepping down tomorrow. So a day under 10 years from the EU referendum we'd be on to our 7th Prime Minister in that span. You'd struggle to run a chip van effectively with that sort of leadership churn. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 22 Posted June 22 Imagine having the largest majority since Tony Blair (cunt) yet having to resign shy of two years into the job. Fucking state of it all. Quote
westlondonmist Posted June 22 Posted June 22 (edited) I didn't hate Starmer, I don't respect him because I feel he should have been more ruthless with his party. Almost feels like many in the party wanted him to fail. As @johnnyboy points out, this will be 7th PM in 10 years. Does any other country have this? They either do a runner when the going gets tough or their "colleagues" use any chance to fuck them to gain power for themselves. The whole system of British politics is broken and if any of the parties gave a flying fuck they'd try and make it work rather than seek their 5 minutes of fame then maybe we'd have a strong country and not have the right wing forcing their way into power. Imagine if we had a system where a PM stepping down meant a General Election, bet the cunts would make it work then. Edited June 22 by westlondonmist Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 I didn’t like him as a person and said as much during the election he won, where it was the first time in my adult life I didn’t vote Labour. That being said he was the best of a really bad bunch we had back to back before him, kept us out of a war that didn’t need to happen, and brought in a few things I was happy to see like banning smoking and social media for kids. I understand other people with different priorities and personal issues hated his guts and I completely understand why, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t personally at least content with his run as PM. If anything else, completely brought on by how divisive he was, it’s opened the path for more serious contension from other parties that aren’t the Tory party and if I take anything away from his time as PM, I’m glad it’s that. Votes for Lib Dems and Greens don’t feel like total wastes anymore. Quote
Paid Members seph Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 32 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Imagine if we had a system where a PM stepping down meant a General Election, bet the cunts would make it work then. A system where any councillor dropping out after winning triggers a byelection would be better. 99% of Reform's victories would be nullified as literally none of those poundshop Moseleys understand how much work is needed to run shit when they find out they can't just point and shout orders. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 22 Paid Members Posted June 22 45 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: I didn't hate Starmer, I don't respect him because I feel he should have been more ruthless with his party. Almost feels like many in the party wanted him to fail. As @johnnyboy points out, this will be 7th PM in 10 years. Does any other country have this? With the exception of Abe, who had an eight-year run as PM, almost all of Japan's fifteen PMs in the past thirty years haven't had any longer than three years in the job. So there's that to be thankful for. And whilst France has been a little more stable in recent decades, Macron's had to appoint three PMs in the past year. (I know that's not quite the same, though.) As to him being more ruthless, I don't know how much more ruthless he could have been without completely disrupting the party. Like BJ's post-Brexit Tories, where he completely purged all the "soft" Tories like Soames and Clarke, Starmer has, quite infamously, purged the Labour party of virtually all the lefties, MPs and CLP members alike. All the rebellion he faced was from people like him, people who'd backed or tacitly approved his expulsion of the left, so if they opposed him, it's because he screwed up that badly. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 22 Members Posted June 22 12 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said: Has Burnham resigned yet? Quote
Paid Members seph Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 22 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Has Burnham resigned yet? They're not Reform so give it at least 3 days. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.