Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I dunno, I'll give him more than a few hours in charge before I make my judgement. 


I mean he's already doubled down on being a Zionist shill, my judgement is made for me.

  • Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:


I mean he's already doubled down on being a Zionist shill, my judgement is made for me.

As is your right, and I'm not particularly a fan but you spoke of no change in policy, which given its his first day in charge isn't surprising. I'll see what he does.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I do like how no one is to be given a chance. Its this kind of thinking that has meant we have the churn of Prime Ministers that we've had for the last 10 years. Burnham has 18 months and then the British public will want him gone. Then it will be someone else for 18 months, then a general election and then Farage. Then there will be 5 years of that, because that cunt has no shame and like his idol he will want to grift every pound he can out of the country for himself. If you are going to be ill or out of work do it now because there will be nothing left of the country at that point. Burnham is the problem though, let's write him off immediately. 

Fuck this. 

Posted

For anyone that's not seen this BBC show, the first episode in particular may resonate considering the current political situation and the worrying likelihood of Farage becoming Führer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b01kkxvd/the-nazis-a-warning-from-history

Although I would recommend watching the whole series, to really understand how Germany went from political instability to The Holocaust. Fascism doesn't start with gas chambers, it ends with them.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I do like how no one is to be given a chance. Its this kind of thinking that has meant we have the churn of Prime Ministers that we've had for the last 10 years.

Not sure I agree with that. Cameron resigned after fucking the country with the Brexit referendum. May resigned after fucking it with the Brexit deal. Boris resigned after fucking everyone in sight (but eventually his lies caught up with him). Truss, lol. Sunak was voted out. Starmer has had 2 years with a massive majority and is almost universally hated because his most famous policies have shown him to be a total shithead (winter fuel, Gaza). (Yes the fuel thing was walked back eventually, but the fact it happened in the first place can’t be discounted). 

Hated by the left for being a neoliberal wet wipe who has done nothing to alleviate the cost of living and made the UK more crushingly authoritarian, hated by the right for not being racist enough despite being incredibly fucking racist. There is no chance to be given to Starmer because he’s not interested in any kind of social progress or betterment of society in general, and he never was. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Burnham is the problem though, let's write him off immediately. 

I didn't vote for him or his party that wants my loved ones dead, sorry. How is it any different to someone writing Sunak off the moment he was in power? I already know full well he holds views I find utterly abhorrent, he's open about them.

Anyway, I'll stay out the Labour are Cunts thread then if we now have to give cunts a chance.

Edited by Merzbow
  • Members
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I didn't vote for him or his party that wants my loved ones dead, sorry. How is it any different to someone writing Sunak off the moment he was in power? I already know full well he holds views I find utterly abhorrent, he's open about them.

Anyway, I'll stay out the Labour are Cunts thread then if we now have to give cunts a chance.

I think that the majority of Labour policies, including their complicity in the genocide in Palestine are beyond, I'm pretty sure most people will agree with that on here.

I also want the Prime Minister to be effective, and effect actual changes as I want things to get better. Hoping that happens isn't an endorsement of Andy Burnham or the Labour Party.

Edited by SuperBacon
Posted

Late one (our Beagle Puppy won’t sleep). I think installing Burnham is a bit of a last ditch attempt by the Labour Party to stand any kind of chance of winning the next General Election. Starmer has been nothing short of disastrous. As people on here have said, the right hate him because he’s not racist enough and the left hate him because he’s pretty much done sod all to help with the cost of living crisis (amongst other things). I think Starmer was only elected because the Tories were so bad during the pandemic (and in general) and Britain needed a change (unfortunately, they didn’t really get change).

Burnham, for me comes across as a bit like a teacher at school trying hard to fit in with the kids and be liked. I suppose his social media posts of him listing his favourite indie bands, DJ’ing and playing guitar are to try to appeal to more voters (a bit like Blair on the news playing head tennis with the late Kevin Keegan - God rest his soul btw, an absolute football legend) so I can understand it. I like some of the things Burnham is saying. I agree that Britain needs more breathing space and the cost of living crisis needs addressing. Energy bills are through the roof but I question how much he can do to sort that (I’ve seen reports of a £130 annual reduction - better than nothing but not much overall). Water companies are also royally taking the piss with price hikes and the way they’re regulated. The property tax (similar to the Portuguese system) is also an interesting one and arguably a much fairer system (although people who’ve already paid big stamp duty fees won’t be happy if they end up having to pay a new tax on top of a massive amount in stamp duty that new buyers won’t have to pay - that’s if it even happens but I can see the logic behind the idea). I hope Andy Burnham does well and I’ll give him a chance.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, LCJ said:

Late one (our Beagle Puppy won’t sleep). I think installing Burnham is a bit of a last ditch attempt by the Labour Party to stand any kind of chance of winning the next General Election. Starmer has been nothing short of disastrous. As people on here have said, the right hate him because he’s not racist enough and the left hate him because he’s pretty much done sod all to help with the cost of living crisis (amongst other things). I think Starmer was only elected because the Tories were so bad during the pandemic (and in general) and Britain needed a change (unfortunately, they didn’t really get change).

Burnham, for me comes across as a bit like a teacher at school trying hard to fit in with the kids and be liked. I suppose his social media posts of him listing his favourite indie bands, DJ’ing and playing guitar are to try to appeal to more voters (a bit like Blair on the news playing head tennis with the late Kevin Keegan - God rest his soul btw, an absolute football legend) so I can understand it. I like some of the things Burnham is saying. I agree that Britain needs more breathing space and the cost of living crisis needs addressing. Energy bills are through the roof but I question how much he can do to sort that (I’ve seen reports of a £130 annual reduction - better than nothing but not much overall). Water companies are also royally taking the piss with price hikes and the way they’re regulated. The property tax (similar to the Portuguese system) is also an interesting one and arguably a much fairer system (although people who’ve already paid big stamp duty fees won’t be happy if they end up having to pay a new tax on top of a massive amount in stamp duty that new buyers won’t have to pay - that’s if it even happens but I can see the logic behind the idea). I hope Andy Burnham does well and I’ll give him a chance.

Photos of the Beagle puppy please.

  • Paid Members
Posted

@Lion_of_the_Midlands Farage will never be prime minister. If he can't handle the scrutiny that comes from being an MP there's no way he'll be able or willing to take it as PM. I don't even think he has aspirations of government because then he becomes the Establishment that he's constantly claiming to battle against. 

He'll sleepwalk through the by-election unless the other 32 non Binface candidates eat into his vote share and cost him, then he has to go through the rest of the investigation and, presumably, another round of looking into any potential impropriety from the last year to do with this by-election, then maybe when that's over and the main parties rock up for the proper by-election he'll find himself ousted. 

What I am interested to see from Burnham's time in charge is how serious he is about electoral reform. Presumably while he's got this size of a majority people will be trying to convince him it's a bad idea, and I can't imagine he'll need a whole lot of convincing. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Farage definitely wants to be PM. The fact that he won't be competent at it is neither here not there. He wants to be Britain's Trump and install his own version of ICE. He's got a load of rich backers paying him to do it. And he'll probably use his time in government to enrich himself further.

Bear in mind: Trump has broken lots of rules as president, and the US government, for all its vaunted checks and balances that they like to talk about so much as proof of their great so-called democracy, has failed to sanction him in any meaningful way.

The UK government, in that regard, is worse: so much of our parliament is governed by convention and gentlemen's agreement, rather than actual, constitutional statute, as we saw during BJ's time when he was breaking loads of them. If Farage takes power, there'll be very little preventing him from getting away with murder.

Edited by Carbomb
Phil Stamp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...