Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 8 minutes ago, FTR2020 said: Can I ask what the funded programme was about please? Sure, it's called Connect To Work, which is designed to help those a bit further away from being "work ready" (don't like that phrase, sorry) It's aimed at those who may have health conditions, or mental health issues, along with other eligibility criteria (its a bit catch all IMO) and the aim is to find someone a job and train them while in work, versus most employability programmes where you spend lots of time training before finding someone a job. I don't quite agree it's the right approach, but the data behind that methodology does stack up and that's what it's been based on. You can self refer so if you think you meet the criteria ask your work coach. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 27 Posted July 27 8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Sure, it's called Connect To Work, which is designed to help those a bit further away from being "work ready" (don't like that phrase, sorry) It's aimed at those who may have health conditions, or mental health issues, along with other eligibility criteria (its a bit catch all IMO) and the aim is to find someone a job and train them while in work, versus most employability programmes where you spend lots of time training before finding someone a job. I don't quite agree it's the right approach, but the data behind that methodology does stack up and that's what it's been based on. You can self refer so if you think you meet the criteria ask your work coach. Oh ok cool. I will look into it thanks. Quote
Tamura Posted July 27 Posted July 27 (edited) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5y063yqlleo Farage throwing his toys out of the pram over other people exercising their right to free speech. It's a very nice shirt too, I'm the proud owner of one. Edited July 27 by Tamura Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 I know Farage doesn't believe what he's saying, but it's an own goal to give him the opportunity. And yeah, even a joking shirt about murdering a politician is that, especially just after one was murdered. It's bullshit, yes. But it's also an amateur move to share that. Quote
Tamura Posted July 27 Posted July 27 (edited) I'd be amazed if anyone was prosecuted, given the ambiguity of the design. Which Nigel is being referred to? Is it just an homage to XTC? Does it even refer to Nigel being beheaded, or is it instead a nod to the "bring back the death penalty" brigade in Farage's own party? Equally inflammatory designs have been doing the rounds for years, without a prosecution or even an arrest being made. Edited July 27 by Tamura Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 I'm not suggesting anyone should be prosecuted. But as a PR move, it was an unnecessary and avoidable own goal. It's not an outrageous suggestion that a party leader shouldn't be sharing (and indirectly supporting) messages like that. Quote
Chili Posted July 27 Posted July 27 18 minutes ago, Chris B said: I'm not suggesting anyone should be prosecuted. But as a PR move, it was an unnecessary and avoidable own goal. It's not an outrageous suggestion that a party leader shouldn't be sharing (and indirectly supporting) messages like that. Yeah I agree, though I'd be fighting the urge to troll the fuck out of him and just start going on about how much I love XTC and that's he's being silly whilst making it obvious but not enough that I'm taking the piss and actually do want his head lopped off. It's the kind of smug nurr nurr shit he'd pull. That no shots fired comment during his post Brexit ejaculation speech was so obviously on the nose but deliberate. And that's why I'm not in politics, I just wouldn't be able to resist it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 28 Paid Members Posted July 28 It probably occurred to plenty of others here already, but it just hit me: in operational terms, RefUK is the UK's equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church. Their entire MO is to behave like shitheads, piss people off, and eventually get those people to attack them in one way or another, so they can claim the moral high ground. It should have been obvious, given that's how the likes of Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro work on an individual basis, "chasing the optics" of libs and lefties getting angry, but it didn't occur to me that that's their entire organisation's model. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 Good opinion piece in the Guardian. It was discussed on here a few months ago how the previous government wouldn't shout about any achievements because they didn't want people to expect change. That's the theme of this piece headlined "Burnham is taking a bold risk by busting the big lie of politics – that change is impossible". I chuckled at this bit "The new PM had barely had chance to unpack his black T-shirts in No 10". Spot on that 🤣 https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2026/jul/28/andy-burnham-bold-start-change-prime-minister Quote
Tamura Posted August 3 Posted August 3 https://www.facebook.com/TELEGRAPH.CO.UK/videos/farage-ive-had-400-death-threats-in-the-last-seven-weekscatch-up-on-yesterdays-d/1562765121888346/ Whoever was responsible for putting "insightful" instead of "inciteful" in the subtitles deserves undying gratitude. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 Less than 45% turned out to vote at Clacton. Thats despite all the attention that is on by-election. Result should be announced soon. Farage hasn't bothered to turn up. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Lawrence Fox cant even reclaim his deposit let alone the UK! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.