Paid Members Statto Posted July 26 Paid Members Posted July 26 I happened across a YouTuber (maybe FootyAwayDays?) doing an explainer on why AI thumbnails had started appearing in his channel the other day. Apparently whenever he puts videos up they go up with a few different thumbnails (and always have) and then they stick with the ones that perform best. Of late the AI ones have been massively outperforming the human designed ones. Depressing. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 26 Posted July 26 1 hour ago, Statto said: I happened across a YouTuber (maybe FootyAwayDays?) doing an explainer on why AI thumbnails had started appearing in his channel the other day. Apparently whenever he puts videos up they go up with a few different thumbnails (and always have) and then they stick with the ones that perform best. Of late the AI ones have been massively outperforming the human designed ones. Depressing. Yeah whenever someone uploads a video on YouTube you have an option to test 3 different thumbnails. I embrace AI instead of fighting against it. It helped me a lot with my brief YouTube gaming channel i had but also helped save me so much time with my Ebay shop. Quote
TibBo Posted July 26 Posted July 26 To be fair, most of the YouTube thumbnails pre-AI were things which didn't actually happen in the video anyway Over time it will push people away as they realise the videos never deliver what was initially advertised. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 It took him a week, so a little longer than I expected, but Burnham has finally used the 'lets make it harder to claim benefits' line. Because when you need to get the welfare bill down, instead of cutting bureaucracy or red tape it's easier to go after those directly on the bread line. Still, his favourite band are The Stone Roses so he's sound I guess. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 30 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: It took him a week, so a little longer than I expected, but Burnham has finally used the 'lets make it harder to claim benefits' line. Fair play to him if he actually achieves this. Because having claimed them for myself and the kids, it's difficult to see how it could be much harder to claim some of them. Do trans people next, Andy! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 (edited) 43 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: It took him a week, so a little longer than I expected, but Burnham has finally used the 'lets make it harder to claim benefits' line. Whats he said? Edit: went and found the Panorama clip you're presumably talking about. Don't think he used the line "let's make it harder to claim benefits" line but maybe that was another clip. What he says about people having more support in and out of work is bang on. A large majority of people that aren't in work, want to work, but they're limited in their options by the current system and make up of it. More often than not, they think they're limited in their choices by not only the JCP/DWP but also by employers themselves, so yeah there is a huge change that needs to happen in the current make up of the benefits system. This isn't an opinion plucked out of nowhere, this is what I do for a job and I speak with people every day that want to work but almost don't know how to if that makes sense. I also speak to people (a much smaller amount) who are quite frankly abusing the system, and will quite comfortably "look for work" and do all the training you put in front of them, but have absolutely zero intentions of working. Not a controversial opinion, again this is what I see. I don't think it's that controversial what he's said, but anything that makes it harder for people who need to claim is not the one. Edited July 27 by SuperBacon Added my experience. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 (edited) 10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Whats he said? I've not seen the full interview myself but BBC are reporting that "The prime minister also suggested making it harder to claim benefits, saying the country had to get serious about getting the welfare bill down." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn0n5xpzlz2o Edited July 27 by Lorne Malvo Quote
Chico Torres Posted July 27 Posted July 27 But he likes to go for a run and listen to britpop and eat scampi fries! Cunt. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 anyone who tries to argue that it's too easy to claim benefits (or to emigrate into this country, for that matter) should be forced to go through the entire process themselves. In Jersey rather than the UK, so a slightly different system, but the time I was on benefits was the most miserable experience of my life. I decided then that anyone who has managed to successfully game that system well enough to get more money out of it than they would from working must be putting a bigger shift in than if they were actually doing a 9-5 job, and they're fucking well entitled to it as far as I'm concerned. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Whats he said? Edit: went and found the Panorama clip you're presumably talking about. Don't think he used the line "let's make it harder to claim benefits" line but maybe that was another clip. Well, no. My post wasn't intended to be a full word for word transcript of his interview, more a summation. It's the usual 'there are a load of lazy bastards on benefits and I'm going to get them off it!' shite but he's not going to come out and say that, is he? It's perfectly obvious what he means. All the same, it's yet another example of Labour going after the worst-off people in society. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 3 minutes ago, BomberPat said: anyone who tries to argue that it's too easy to claim benefits (or to emigrate into this country, for that matter) should be forced to go through the entire process themselves. Absolutely. My all time favourite though is when they realise that a large proportion of people who receive universal credit are actually in work. Doesn't that show them that there is something fundamentally wrong in a country if you have to top up your salary with a benefit just to survive? It's the same with PIP and how people perceive that. They think you just rock up, say you're disabled and they throw money at you, when actually it's one of the hardest things you can go through. Quote
westlondonmist Posted July 27 Posted July 27 3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Fair play to him if he actually achieves this. Because having claimed them for myself and the kids, it's difficult to see how it could be much harder to claim some of them. Do trans people next, Andy! God, I remember going for benefits with my son. Can you please supply x,y and z for the next meeting. Next meeting but you were supposed to give us a,b and c, please supply at the next meeting. Next meeting, but you also needed this. Honestly felt like they were trying to make us give up or at least put our claim back months. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 27 Paid Members Posted July 27 yeah, my experience was that every time I spoke to someone they contradicted what the last person had told me. Told to bring something next week, next week basically given a response of "what do you expect me to do with this?" and asked instead to provide something that I already had rejected the previous week, or it's suddenly absolutely essential that I provide a piece of paperwork they've never asked me for before, they need it tomorrow, and there's a waiting time of six weeks to get the thing. Maddening. I'd just be sat there praying I would get someone who would just tick whatever box they needed to tick and send me on my way. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 27 Members Posted July 27 On the universal credit/JCP side the turnover of staff in jobs such as work coaches is beyond belief, and I don't blame them. The caseloads are incredibly high, you get very little time with your claimant and I think from both perspectives it just doesn't work. I don't like it when the DWP/JCP gets generalised as shit and uncaring (I know that's not what anyone is doing here don't worry) as I know some brilliant people who work there who genuinely want to help. But the turnover, how it operates and how information is fed through to the staff is just not working. Recently I was talking to a work coach about a funded programme that they knew nothing about, which is funded...by the DWP! And that's not their fault they don't know about it (there are, and have been loads of projects over the last few years, too many IMO) but no wonder people feel frustrated when that sort of thing happens. How is a job seeker supposed to know if they don't? I'd like the whole system to be ripped up and changed. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 27 Posted July 27 8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: On the universal credit/JCP side the turnover of staff in jobs such as work coaches is beyond belief, and I don't blame them. The caseloads are incredibly high, you get very little time with your claimant and I think from both perspectives it just doesn't work. I don't like it when the DWP/JCP gets generalised as shit and uncaring (I know that's not what anyone is doing here don't worry) as I know some brilliant people who work there who genuinely want to help. But the turnover, how it operates and how information is fed through to the staff is just not working. Recently I was talking to a work coach about a funded programme that they knew nothing about, which is funded...by the DWP! And that's not their fault they don't know about it (there are, and have been loads of projects over the last few years, too many IMO) but no wonder people feel frustrated when that sort of thing happens. How is a job seeker supposed to know if they don't? I'd like the whole system to be ripped up and changed. Can I ask what the funded programme was about please? I am back on benefits and I agree that you never see the same person twice. I have been every week for the last 3 weeks and had a different person. I have 3 different people message me back on my Universial Credit journal. I imagine it is probably very stressful working as a Civil Servant these days. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.