Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Where are the end-of-season reviews, lads? 

The three-place improvement Brizzle had doesn't do justice to the fires we had to put out - deadwood was cleaned and still needs cleaning, we had to get rid of one prized asset to balance the books and will likely sell our next one with all the press he's getting from the right people, and Nige has the team onside - but it was another meh season on balance as our uncharacteristic surge in January / February fell off at the worst possible time with the playoffs still achievable - our quinquennial shitkicking by Man City followed by a single point from the Cardiff/Huddersfield block (when six would have put us one game out of 6th place) pretty much sent us off the rails as we won only 4 games since.

Any fans of League Two clubs about?
I'm a Notts County supporter. We have some team and look good for consecutive promotions, but others may know the standard required better than I.

Documentary FC Wrexham should be right up there too of course. Wasn't that impressed by the standard in the L2 playoffs personally and think both of us go up one way or another. 3 automatic promotion spots instead of 1 should be a huge factor.

Edited by sj5522

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

The start of our season was one of our best, despite playing a lot of the big boys. It was encouraging. We got excited.

We ended the season with Roy Hodgson in charge and Joel fucking Ward still starting.

Jimmy’s gone and Wilf’s going. Guehi is likely to be going. We desperately need to hold on to Eze and Olise, whilst doing so with a progressive manager who doesn’t have a sex tape in Jeff Schlupp’s private collection. We need two full-backs, a solid DM and a centre forward who doesn’t have a head like an allen key.

We don’t spend money and have a weirdo running the board so this is a huge summer for us. We’ll therefore bring few players in and just renew contracts for ageing crocks.

Still, good news about the Chocolate Oranges.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

started poorly. bought a load of players who either never got started or only found form in the last few months of the season. Did well in Europe and reached the final but changes need to happen, especially if Rice goes.

7 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Blackburn stayed in the play off positions all season, then fell apart and out of them in the last few weeks, again. You would think maybe the wankers who own us would build a squad now, not just a half decent first team.

We ruined things for Millwall on the last day of the season though, which was fucking hilarious. We should get an honourary promotion just for that tbh.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Just confirmed what I already knew - the only team that collapsed worse than Spurs, was the Arsenal.

I don't think you can release a DVD of that one, sadly. 

@SuperBacon I'm reading that Luis Enrique has snubbed the Napoli job because his agent is under the impression an offer from a premier league club is imminent.

I don't imagine it'll be from West Ham after Moyes wins the Conference and tells wee Sully to go fuck himself, so it must be Spurs?

That would be incredibly underwhelming, and this is from someone who hasn't felt this apathetic towards Spurs since Bunjcevevic* was pulling on the shirt.

Spurs fans being sniffy about an ex Barcelona and Spain manager. Very on brand.

*Sorry Bunjy. I still love you.

Newcastle were WAY better than I expected across the season. The World Cup wasn't our friend and I'm somewhat apprehensive about what Champs League does to a club with a long history of everyone's knees falling off in the winter. But yeah, aside from having to put the cognitive dissonance helmet on every time the owners are mentioned, it's been genuinely the funnest season to be a Newcastle fan in my lifetime.

(Yes, I know about the Keegan years but frankly, at that age I was more interested in music, Playstation and wanking.)

2 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Newcastle were WAY better than I expected across the season. The World Cup wasn't our friend and I'm somewhat apprehensive about what Champs League does to a club with a long history of everyone's knees falling off in the winter. But yeah, aside from having to put the cognitive dissonance helmet on every time the owners are mentioned, it's been genuinely the funnest season to be a Newcastle fan in my lifetime.

(Yes, I know about the Keegan years but frankly, at that age I was more interested in music, Playstation and wanking.)

I don't really understand how a season being 12 points ahead and pissing it away could be more fun than this one.